Certain activities can consume your mobile device’s battery. Here are some tips on conserving power:
- Set your screen to time out after inactivity as screen backlights use a lot of energy. 30 seconds is recommended
- Turn off your GPS, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth when you’re not using them as your phone is constantly searching for your location and open networks, and this has a big impact on battery life
- Turn down the screen brightness. Some devices automatically adjust screen brightness based on the light around them. To conserve battery, you can turn this off and manually adjust the brightness when required
- Close applications when not in use. Returning to the ‘home’ screen doesn’t close your apps; they just keep running in the background
- Find out how to close apps on iPhone and iPad devices
- Find out how to close apps on Android devices
- Use power save mode on your device
Rather get in touch? Let's get you connected
Got a question? Join our online community that's open 24x7.
Speak to us in your preferred language. We've got you covered.
We're here to answer your questions.