Track & Monitor
Take charge of your assets with Track and Monitor
Telstra Track and Monitor can help your business track assets, reduce costs, and improve customer experience.
Why Telstra Track and Monitor?
Today, your customers demand a better service, faster and cheaper. To meet these demands, you need to manage your moving assets more efficiently. Telstra Track and Monitor can help your business track moving assets by showing their last-known approximate location, reducing costs, and improving customer experience.
Our Track and Monitor solutions are tailored to your needs
We understand that your business is unique. That's why we offer a range of IoT asset tracking devices and technologies to suit your requirements. From Cat-M1 trackers for vehicles and trailers to Bluetooth® tags for equipment and keys, we've got the devices you need and the knowledge to help you find the perfect solution.
What can I do with a Telstra Track and Monitor solution?
The more visibility you have, the better you can manage your business. We’ll deliver the right asset tracking solution for your business, helping you to keep an eye on what's important.
Choose from a range of IoT asset tracking devices
Manage your assets from more places with ease
How can my business benefit from a Telstra Track and Monitor solution?
You can gain valuable visibility
You can reduce the cost of lost or missing assets
You can improve your customer experience
Your solution will suit your environment
Tracking units and tags for business
The tracking devices best suited to your needs will depend on your desired tracking frequency, coverage and battery life, as well as the value of your assets.
Cat-M1 Solar Tracking Unit
Cat-M1 Tracking Unit
How Track and Monitor devices can help your industry
Telstra Track and Monitor can help your business track moving assets, reduce costs, and improve customer experience, no matter what your industry. Whether your business is large or small, we're here to help keep you on track.
Construction and engineering
Hire and rental industry
Aged care sector
Agriculture and Agribusiness
Telstra Track and Monitor helps primary producers and other agribusinesses track the last known approximate location of machinery, tools, trailers and other business equipment easily across large regional areas utilising a range of different Telstra IoT network technologies enabling them to coordinate their people and businesses in order to help save them time and money.
Get Telstra Track and Monitor for your business assets
Why choose Telstra for your asset tracking solution?
We're invested for the long haul
We help with challenges around costs, productivity and customer experience
We support you with tailored solutions made simple
Earn points with Telstra Plus
Join Telstra Plus and earn 10 points per $1 when you make an eligible payment on your service.
Frequently asked questions
Telstra Track and Monitor is an Internet of Things (IoT) solution that gives you automated, mapped visibility of your moving assets at scale. Data on the condition and approximate location of your assets is collected by IoT trackers and sent via cost-effective network technologies to be displayed on an easy-to-use portal. Information can also be delivered to your existing applications using your data from our API.
Telstra Track and Monitor can be purchased by businesses who want an automated solution for tracking their assets.
You can visit us at your nearest Telstra Business Technology Centre to place your order. Or complete an online form to request a call back and we’ll be in touch.
You’ll need your Telstra ID to access the Telstra Track and Monitor app and/or web portal. Your Telstra ID will be set up at the time of sale. You can also register for a Telstra ID, or recover one you already have, online.
To track and monitor your assets via the Track and Monitor web portal go to: https://trackandmonitor.telstra.com/
You can also download the Track and Monitor app from Apple Store or Google Play. Simply search ‘Telstra Track and Monitor’ and download the app to your devices.
Your Track and Monitor web portal allows you to manage your assets. Once you log in, you can:
- Onboard, remove and manage the devices you track and monitor
- Get help with your track and monitor product/s
- Edit the profile* of your devices
- Review data collected on your assets, including battery levels and location
- Trace location histories of assets at specific dates and intervals of time
- Search for a specific asset by its name of Tracker ID (serial number)
- Filter searches by specific assets, Geozones, tags, battery levels and temperatures
- Create Geozones, assign tags to your assets, and assign categories to Geozones
- View notifications to keep up to date on when trackers have entered and left Geozones
- Edit asset Tracker IDs and other asset details.
* The profile of your Track and Monitor device refers to how you set it to behave. Certain devices can be configured to collect and report information in different ways and at different frequencies.
No, there are no additional charges for Track and Monitor device data or SIMs. Your month-to-month Track and Monitor subscription includes:
- Access to the Telstra Track and Monitor software application
- Mobile data to transmit the approximate location of Track and Monitor devices
- A secure onshore cloud platform to host data, which is then displayed in an intuitive web portal/app or integrated with your own systems via API.
Tracking devices will not work outside of Australia, but you can access your Track and Monitor app and/or web portal outside of Australia when connected to the Internet (data charges may apply).
Telstra Track and Monitor is designed for use in Australia. Track and Monitor device location information is approximate only and may be unavailable if a device is no longer detected or in range of the Telstra Mobile Network, the Telstra Bluetooth Community and LTE-M technologies (as applicable).
Yes, all Cat-M1 tracking devices are water and dust proof. Bluetooth tracking units are dust and splash resistant but should be kept away from water sources.
Telstra Track and Monitor devices are built to collect information and communicate via one or more network technologies including:
- Cat-M1 technology (LTE-M) on the Telstra Internet of Things network. View the IoT coverage map.
- Wi-Fi technology on surrounding Wi-Fi networks.
We provide a wide range of products and services and to do this we need to collect, store, use and disclose a broad range of information.
Our Privacy Statement explains how we collect, use and protect your information. It applies to all the businesses in the Telstra Group including Telstra Corporation Limited. It extends to both our control and processing of personal information. It also incorporates our Credit Reporting Policy which lets you know how we use any credit related information we might collect.
We use the location of your Track and Monitor devices and compatible iOS or Android devices to provide you with your service. This includes:
- Running a scanning feature to identify if there are Telstra Track and Monitor Devices nearby
- Using the current and previous locations of your Track and Monitor devices to provide an indicative published map of where devices have been found.
The profile of your Track and Monitor device refers to how you set it to behave. Certain devices can be configured to collect and report information in different ways and at different frequencies. Both the Cat-M1 Tracking Unit and Cat-M1 Rechargeable Tracking Tag can be configured in this way.
The profile of your device is set based on your needs. Note: this functionality will have an impact on battery life, depending on the amount of data that needs to be gathered and how often it needs to be reported.
A Geozone is a virtual zone created around a geographic area of importance, such as a construction site or depot. You can filter your Track and Monitor portal searches by Geozone to quickly find assets within a specific area. You can also receive notifications when assets enter or leave their assigned Geozones.
Yes, the Track and Monitor device will continue to track its location. The quality of data stored while the device was out of range will vary, however, and will be sent to your Track and Monitor portal when the network connection is restored.
Each Track and Monitor device is track and monitored at different frequencies. For details on your device, refer to the list below.
Bluetooth Tracking Tag
- The Bluetooth Tracking Unit beacons to communicate its presence every 2.57 seconds.
- Once the beacon is detected by a Telstra Bluetooth® Finding Community member, the time taken to report the unit’s location will depend on the status of the Bluetooth Finding Community member. Status is determined by what App the member is using, the mobile operating system and whether the mobile device is active. This data is then aggregated to the Telstra Track and Monitor platform.
- If the beacon is not detected, no location update will be provided.
Bluetooth Tracking Unit
- The Bluetooth Tracking Unit beacons to communicate its presence every 2.57 seconds for 30 seconds, and then sleeps for 30 seconds (to preserve battery life).
- Once the beacon is detected by a Telstra Bluetooth® Finding Community member, the time taken to report the tag’s location will depend on the status of the Bluetooth Finding Community member. Status is determined by what App the member is using, the mobile operating system and whether the mobile device is active. This data is then aggregated to the Telstra Track and Monitor platform.
- If the beacon is not detected, no location update will be provided.
Cat-M1 Solar Tracking Unit
- 1 location update per minute when asset is moving via the Cat-M1 network.
- 1 location update per 4 hours when asset is stationary via the Cat-M1 network.
- Any motion (constant vibration gets filtered out), wakes the unit up, then checks GPS coordinates and if greater than 80 metres, the unit goes into moving state where it checks its location via GPS every minute. If coordinates don’t change for 200 seconds, the unit goes back to stopped state.
Cat-M1 Tracking Unit
- By default, 1 location update per day via the Cat-M1 network.
- Location updates are also provided via proximity to the Telstra Bluetooth® Finding Community
- As part of the operating profile when you get your location update via the Cat-M1 network, it will include temperature information. Please note that location updates made via the Telstra Bluetooth® Finding Community will not include temperature information.
Cat-M1 Rechargeable Tracking Tag
- By default, 1 location update per 20 minutes when the asset is moving via the Cat-M1 network and 1 location update every 12 hours when the unit is stationary via the Cat-M1 network.
Location updates are also provided via proximity to the Telstra Bluetooth® Finding Community
Telstra Track & Monitor subscription and compatible SIM enabled iOS or Android device required
One Telstra Locator Subscription per Telstra customer account.
For use in Australia. Data charges may apply.
Android is a trademark of Google LLC.
The Bluetooth® word mark and logos are registered trademarks owned by Bluetooth SIG, Inc. and any use of such marks by Telstra Corporation Limited is under license.
*Statistics based on data gathered by Telstra on Track and Monitor customers. And research conducted by Telstra on asset loss from a sample of 500 Australian companies.
Need help with Telstra Track and Monitor?
Visit a Business Technology Centre
Visit your Telstra Business Technology Centre to get help tailoring your Track and Monitor solutions with our dedicated technology team.
Request a call
Complete our online form and our account management support team will be in touch.
Explore Telstra Internet of Things
Internet of Things (IoT) makes it easier to monitor and control devices, machinery and equipment.