Mobile discount for eligible concession holders
How to get the plan
Check your eligibility
Take up offer
Frequently asked questions
The offer is for a $19/mth recurring credit on Starter Mobile Plan.
You won’t be able to add any repayment options to your service when you take up this offer including device, accessory or hardware repayment options.
If you change plans, cancel your plan or no longer have a valid eligible concession card, you may no longer be eligible to receive the credit. We may also withdraw this offer at any time and the credit will no longer be applied to your account.
We will check with Services Australia for a valid concession using your Customer Reference Number or File Number so that we can assess whether you meet the eligibility criteria.
- To receive the offer, first check whether you have a valid eligible concession card and submit the form with your personal details and Centrelink Customer Reference Number/File Number. Once submitted, you’ll receive a link to take up the offer. When you select this link, you’ll enter Telstra’s online checkout. Once you have submitted your application for the offer, we will validate your concession details with the relevant government authority.
- If you are eligible, we will apply a $19/mth recurring credit to your account.
If you have a phone number with another carrier that you would like to keep, select the “Transfer number to Telstra” option when shown. We’ll ask for your existing phone service, the carrier, the service type (if you pay monthly on a contract or if it’s a Pre-Paid number), and we may also ask for your account number. Once you have entered these details, we will submit an application to the carrier to have your phone number transferred to Telstra.
If your existing mobile plan is with another carrier and you transfer your number to Telstra, you’ll no longer be able to use your existing plan/service. If you’re an existing Telstra mobile customer, your existing mobile plan will change to the Starter Mobile Plan with a $19/mth recurring credit applied from the next billing cycle (up to 30 days). If you are in a contract for your existing service with another carrier, you may need to pay early termination fees your plan, hardware and/or services if you cancel before the end of the contract term. If you are transferring your number from another carrier, fees and charges may apply, including any contract cancellation fees with your existing carrier.
The Mobile discount for eligible concession card holders offer is ongoing, however, if you change plans, cancel your plan, or no longer have an eligible concession card, or we choose to withdraw this offer, the credit will no longer apply to your account.
Your CIS will reflect the Starter Mobile Plan, as that is the plan you have taken up; your minimum monthly price is reduced with the $19/mth recurring credit we provide for eligible concession holders.
Your CIS also mentions you can purchase an eligible device or accessories on this plan to pay over monthly payments, however you won’t be able to add any repayment options (including handsets) to your service when you take up this offer including device, accessory or hardware repayment options.
- Mobile discount for eligible concession card holders offer: Eligible customers that take up the Starter Mobile Plan, will receive a $19 credit on their bill each month. To be eligible for this credit, you must have an eligible concession card. See the see FAQ for eligibility requirements. If you change plans, cancel your plan, or no longer have an eligible concession card, or we choose to withdraw this offer, the credit will no longer apply to your account. To determine your eligibility for this offer, we will need your Centrelink Customer Reference Number/File number. By proceeding with this application and providing us with your details, you authorise us to use these details to check your concession card status with the relevant government body to determine your eligibility for the concession card holder offer.
- No excess data charges in Australia: When you exceed the data allowance, you can continue to access data, but your speed will be slowed to a maximum of 1.5Mbps. This isn’t suitable for HD video or high-speed applications, and some web pages, social media content and files may take longer to load. The speed will depend on a range of factors including the type of device, location, user numbers and download sources, and it may be slowed further during busy periods. Heavy data users (users in the top 1% of all data users) may experience slower speeds than other users during busy periods. This offer is for personal use on a smartphone in Australia only and the FairPlay Policy applies.
- Home phone concession: As an eligible customer, concession card holders can receive a monthly discount off their plan and also receive a waiver on late payment fees and fee-free payment options. To determine your eligibility for this offer, we will need your Centrelink Customer Reference Number/File number. By providing us with your details, you authorise us to use these details to check your concession card status with the relevant government body to determine your eligibility for the concession offer. If you change plans, cancel your plan or no longer have a valid eligible concession card, you may no longer be eligible to receive the discount. We may also withdraw this offer at any time and the discount will no longer be applied. We're also happy to provide Telstra bills in larger print upon request, so they’re easier to read.
- Domestic allowance: Standard national calls and texts include calls and texts to standard Australian numbers, as well as most 11xx, 12xx, 13xx, and 1800 numbers for use in Australia. Calls to premium numbers (e.g. 19xx numbers), some satellite numbers, 1234, 12 455 and 12 456 numbers, international numbers and content charges (including third party charges) are NOT INCLUDED.