How do I change my domain provider?
How do I transfer my domain?
To transfer your domain to Telstra
- Contact your current domain provider for an authorisation code or EPP code
- Email the TAM Service Desk the authorisation code or EPP code to initiate the domain transfer to the Telstra Apps Marketplace.
- Approve the transfer request using the admin email provided.
- Once approved, it will take 3-5 business days before you can manage your domain using the Telstra Apps Marketplace.
To transfer your domain to another provider
- Request the authorisation code (EPP code) by emailing the TAM Service Desk or calling the Telstra Apps Marketplace on 1800 878 483.
- Provide your new provider with the authorisation code (EPP code) to commence the transfer.
Will I be charged if I transfer my domain?
When transferring your domain to another provider, your existing provider may charge you for the transfer. You won’t be charged if you’re transferring from Telstra to another provider.
When transferring your domain to Telstra, we’ll charge the subscription rate at the time of the transfer as outlined in the critical information summary.
When will my domain renew after transferring it to Telstra?
Once your domain has been transferred to Telstra, the renewal date will change to 12 or 24 months from the date of transfer.
Rather get in touch? Let's get you connected
We're here to listen and answer your questions.
Message and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.
Book a store appointment
Our in-store business experts can review your account and make sure you have the best solution for your business needs.