Award category - Indigenous Excellence
Who can apply in this category?
If you’re fulfilling one or more of the following category examples, consider nominating and entering your business for this Award.
Goals of change
For businesses who have set clear and actionable goals to be a role model for change.
For businesses finding new ways to operate and set an inspiring example for others.
For businesses embracing bold and innovative ideas to build on or maintain success.
For businesses experiencing significant year-on-year growth that are successful across the board.
For businesses on track to achieve ambitious goals set out in a business plan.
Winyama Digital Solutions Pty Ltd
Winyama is an Indigenous owned and operated business specialising in Geographic Information Systems and cloud solutions. The business works with commercial, public sector and First Nations organisations to create digital solutions that optimise the management of the Indigenous land estate in Australia.
Evolve FM delivers integrated facility management services for both public and private sector businesses. With Indigenous heritage founders, the business is one of the only Indigenous majority-owned full service facilities management companies in Australia.
Print Junction is a print supplier that provides digital, offset and wide format print solutions, along with creative design and artwork services. Founded in 1996, the business has an experienced graphic design and pre-press team, with fully equipped offset and digital printing, in-house binding and finishing.
Hillery Group is an Indigenous family-owned business founded in 1976. Today, the business is led by next generation, Luke and Liam Hillery. They operate five quarries and provide quarry products, landscaping supplies and plant hire.
To enter, the following eligibility criteria must be met. Each category also has specific requirements. If you have any questions about these conditions, please contact us.
- Reside in Australia
- Have a registered Australian Business Number (ABN)
- Have been operating in Australia for at least 12 months at the time you submit your Stage 1 entry
- Be more than 60 percent Australian-owned, with the owner(s)/founder(s) responsible for making the key management decisions
- Belong to or be certified as being an Indigenous-owned and operated business from any of the following organisations/groups: Supply Nation, FACCI Assured Affiliate, Indigenous Chamber of Commerce within your state (e.g. NSWICC), Australian Indigenous Chamber of Commerce, FACCI Assured Affiliate, or be registered as an Indigenous business through the Office of the Registrar of Indigenous Corporations, or Supply Aus
- Be a small-to-medium business that’s a sole trader, partnership, incorporated, NFP, social enterprise or franchise whose franchisor is 60 percent Australian owned and not a listed company
- Earn more than $50,000 in annual revenue
- Have under 200 full-time equivalent staff at the time you submit your Stage 1 entry
- Operate in an ethical manner with suppliers, distributors and contractors
- Supply financials when requested. All financials will remain confidential and will not be shared or used outside the purposes of judging the business’ performance, success and viability.
- Be a listed company, franchisor, a club, co-operative, or a Telstra licensee
- Be affiliated with Telstra through investments, donation or reselling
- Be more than 50 percent owned by another business
- Be a government agency
- Have filed for bankruptcy in the prior 5 years or been subject to court proceedings in the prior 12 months – including in the business owner or founder’s personal capacity – at the time you submit your Stage 1 entry
- Be a recipient of significant ongoing government funding (excluding temporary government relief or support packages, such as Jobkeeper or disaster recovery)
- Have been a contracted commercial supplier of Telstra in the last 3 years
- Enter the same category where the business has previously won at State or National level at the Telstra Best of the Business Awards in the past 3 years
- Have a staff member that has applied and/or a staff member that has been a State or National judge in the Telstra Best of Business Awards for any category in the past 3 years
- Enter the awards if a staff member or owner has applied to be a judge in the same awards program year.
Our 2024 program dates
Click below for details on category information, selection criteria and eligibility.
An exclusive 3 day event filled with networking and celebration, all cumulating with the glitz and glamour of the National Gala Dinner.
National Gala Dinner
The pinnacle event of the 2024 Telstra Best of Business Awards. An unforgettable evening full of glitz and glamour, it's where we reveal all our National Winners along with the Business of the Year.
Missed the deadline? Don't worry - we accept nominations all year round. If you know an exceptional business moving Australia forward, nominate them for the next program.
Have a question?
Find answers to your frequently asked questions.
Speak with our Awards Team and call 1800 AWARDS Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm (AEDT).