Award category - Embracing Innovation
Who can apply in this category?
If you’re fulfilling one or more of the following category examples, consider nominating and entering your business for this Award.
For businesses using technology to help solve problems at customer, social or environmental levels.
For businesses actively creating or developing technological advancements that will benefit every Australian.
For businesses helping to make technology more accessible by creating more affordable and scalable products and services.
For businesses providing technology solutions that enhance the efficiency of business-critical tasks or essential services.
The Mullion Group
The Mullion Group is an Australian-based software company, specialising in the measurement and modelling of land-based greenhouse gas emissions and removals. Through its software platform, FLINTpro, the Mullion Group takes data from satellites, ground measurements and models and converts this into actionable information for reducing greenhouse gas emissions.
Vantari helps clinicians, nurses and students practice lifesaving medical procedures in a safe and scalable virtual reality environment before performing them on real patients. Its mission is to eliminate medical error and improve patient outcomes.
Silentium Defence is one of the global leaders in the design and deployment of passive surveillance systems. They specialise in tailored solutions designed to meet the critical surveillance and traffic management demands of high-end customers. The team build systems that will empower organisations to protect what matters, when it matters most.
Liberate Learning is one of the fastest growing and most respected digital and blended learning services providers in Australia. The team advise and equip clients with digital learning strategies, apps, learning platforms, technology, eLearning, and blended learning solutions.
To enter, the following eligibility criteria must be met. Each category also has specific requirements. If you have any questions about these conditions, please contact us.
- Reside in Australia
- Have a registered Australian Business Number (ABN)
- Have been operating in Australia for at least 12 months at the time you submit your Stage 1 entry
- Be more than 60 percent Australian-owned, with the owner(s)/founder(s) responsible for making the key management decisions
- Be a small-to-medium business that’s a sole trader, partnership, incorporated, NFP, social enterprise or franchise whose franchisor is 60 percent Australian owned and not a listed company
- Earn more than $50,000 in annual revenue
- Have under 200 full-time equivalent staff at the time you submit your Stage 1 entry
- Operate in an ethical manner with suppliers, distributors and contractors
- Supply financials when requested. All financials will remain confidential and will not be shared or used outside the purposes of judging the business’ performance, success and viability.
- Be a listed company, franchisor, a club, co-operative, or a Telstra licensee
- Be affiliated with Telstra through investments, donation or reselling
- Be more than 50 percent owned by another business
- Be a government agency
- Have filed for bankruptcy in the prior 5 years or been subject to court proceedings in the prior 12 months – including in the business owner or founder’s personal capacity – at the time you submit your Stage 1 entry
- Be a recipient of significant ongoing government funding (excluding temporary government relief or support packages, such as Jobkeeper or disaster recovery)
- Have been a contracted commercial supplier of Telstra in the last 3 years
- Enter the same category where the business has previously won at State or National level at the Telstra Best of the Business Awards in the past 3 years
- Have a staff member that has applied and/or Have a staff member that has been a State or National judge in the Telstra Best of Business Awards for any category in the past 3 years
- Enter the awards if a staff member or owner has applied to be a judge in the same awards program year.
Our 2024 program dates
Click below for details on category information, selection criteria and eligibility.
An exclusive 3 day event filled with networking and celebration, all cumulating with the glitz and glamour of the National Gala Dinner.
National Gala Dinner
The pinnacle event of the 2024 Telstra Best of Business Awards. An unforgettable evening full of glitz and glamour, it's where we reveal all our National Winners along with the Business of the Year.
Missed the deadline? Don't worry - we accept nominations all year round. If you know an exceptional business moving Australia forward, nominate them for the next program.
Have a question?
Find answers to your frequently asked questions.
Speak with our Awards Team and call 1800 AWARDS Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm (AEDT).