How do I unlock my phone using a PUK code?
What’s a PUK code?
Your PUK (Personal Unlocking Key) is an 8-digit code unique to your SIM card.
If you don't know your SIM PIN, you can use your PUK code to unlock your mobile and reset your SIM PIN.
How do I find my PUK code?
There are two ways to find your PUK code online using Your Telstra Tools or in the My Telstra app.
Using Your Telstra Tools
- Sign in to Your Telstra Tools.
- Select Services and then Mobile and mobile broadband.
- Select the phone number for the device that’s currently locked.
- You’ll find your PUK code under your mobile number on the right-hand side.
Using the My Telstra app
- Sign in to the My Telstra app.
- Tap on the Services tab then select your mobile service.
- Select the three vertical dots at the top right corner of the screen (above the Extras tab).
- Select View your PUK.
How many attempts can I make at entering the correct PUK code?
You have eight attempts at entering your PUK code correctly. If you enter your PUK code incorrectly eight times, your SIM will become permanently blocked, and you'll need to get a new one.
What’s a SIM PIN?
Your SIM PIN is different to your PUK and your phone passcode. It’s a 4-digit number that lets you lock your SIM card to one device. By default, your SIM PIN is the last four digits of your PUK.
You can change your SIM PIN through your device settings. So, if you've forgotten your SIM PIN, enter a random 4-digit number, like 0000, until you’re asked for your PUK code.
Rather get in touch? Let's get you connected
Speak to us in your preferred language. We've got you covered.