Award category - Promoting Sustainability
Who can apply in this category?
If you’re fulfilling one or more of the following category examples, consider nominating and entering your business for this Award.
For businesses advocating for policy change to drive greater environmental protections.
For businesses funding or subsidising research and development into renewable energy technologies and efficiency initiatives.
For businesses prioritising ecological sustainability to better protect, manage and restore Australia's fragile and unique natural environment.
For businesses with initiatives, products or services that contribute to or encourage conservation, reduction, re-use and recycling.
For businesses focused on holistically reducing their environmental impact.
Lyka Pet Food
Lyka Pet Food is flipping the pet food industry on its head, delivering fresh, human-grade wholefood meals straight to customers around Australia, with a mission to transform the health of Aussie dogs.
Fulcrum Robotics provides innovative multidisciplinary services to the industrial, environmental and technology sectors.
Fulcrum Robotics utilises robotics to provide safe and effective access to hazardous environments remotely, and its highly skilled team thrives on tailoring cost-effective solutions to meet any problem or requirement.
Nationwide Waste Solutions
Nationwide Waste Solutions solves waste management needs quickly and professionally and aims to enhance the profitability of Australian businesses by minimising waste and maximising materials recovery.
It offers several solution-based facility services, including specialist services such as liquid waste removal and medical waste removal.
Diversity Arrays Technology (DArT)
Diversity Arrays Technology (DArT) is a biotechnology research company that offers a globally affordable genome profiling option which acts to provide actionable business/research recommendations for farmers, breeders, scientists and ecologists. Founded in 2001, DArT has a key focus on improving food security, social equity and ecological sustainability.
To enter, the following eligibility criteria must be met. Each category also has specific requirements. If you have any questions about these conditions, please contact us.
- Reside in Australia
- Have a registered Australian Business Number (ABN)
- Have been operating in Australia for at least 12 months at the time you submit your Stage 1 entry
- Be more than 60 percent Australian-owned, with the owner(s)/founder(s) responsible for making the key management decisions
- Be a small-to-medium business that’s a sole trader, partnership, incorporated, NFP, social enterprise or franchise whose franchisor is 60 percent Australian owned and not a listed company
- Earn more than $50,000 in annual revenue
- Have under 200 full-time equivalent staff at the time you submit your Stage 1 entry
- Operate in an ethical manner with suppliers, distributors and contractors
- Supply financials when requested. All financials will remain confidential and will not be shared or used outside the purposes of judging the business’ performance, success and viability.
- Be a listed company, franchisor, a club, co-operative, or a Telstra licensee
- Be affiliated with Telstra through investments, donation or reselling
- Be more than 50 percent owned by another business
- Be a government agency
- Have filed for bankruptcy in the prior 5 years or been subject to court proceedings in the prior 12 months – including in the business owner or founder’s personal capacity – at the time you submit your Stage 1 entry
- Be a recipient of significant ongoing government funding (excluding temporary government relief or support packages, such as Jobkeeper or disaster recovery)
- Have been a contracted commercial supplier of Telstra in the last 3 years
- Enter the same category where the business has previously won at State or National level at the Telstra Best of the Business Awards in the past 3 years
- Have a staff member that has applied and/or have a staff member that has been a State or National Judge in the Telstra Best of Business Awards for any category in the past 3 years
- Enter the awards if a staff member or owner has applied to be a Judge in the same awards program year.
Our 2024 program dates
Click below for details on category information, selection criteria and eligibility.
We accept nominations all year round. If you know an exceptional business moving Australia forward, nominate them today.
This initial stage is a multiple choice assessment of your business and how successful it is. Your total score will determine whether you progress to stage 2. You will be advised of the outcome of your entry by email.
For this stage, the goal is to gain a deeper understanding of your business and give you an opportunity to expand on your answers from stage 1.
Have a question?
Find answers to your frequently asked questions.
Speak with our Awards Team and call 1800 AWARDS Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm (AEDT).