Award category - Accelerating Women
Who can apply in this category?
If you’re fulfilling one or more of the following category examples, consider nominating and entering your business for this Award.
For businesses who have developed and put internal initiatives in place focused on supporting women.
For businesses actively challenging stereotypes by reshaping traditionally male-dominated industries or roles.
For businesses with a core offering built on providing products or services that support and help women.
For businesses passionately working to keep women employed or helping women to re-enter the workforce at every stage of life.
For businesses advocating for women by providing career pathways to leadership positions for women.
Addressing the gap
For businesses offering training and education for women aspiring to work in male-dominated fields to reduce the skills gap.
For businesses resolutely fighting for, or offering equal pay and work opportunities for women.
FBW Gynaecology Plus
Founded by Dr. Fariba Willison in 2009, FBW Gynaecology Plus is for women, by women, and offers expert knowledge and treatment in women's health, fertility and wellness. They provide a complete vision for wellbeing with an approach that goes beyond treatment, extending into quality of life.
HowToo makes building digital training courses simple and accessible for businesses of every size. With HowToo, organisations can take back control of their company training and put the power to create and update their courses back in the hands of their teams and subject matter experts.
Struber believe in building a better, brighter future through infrastructure. Their professional services have supported infrastructure projects across government, independent, national and international organisations. The team of specialists have the skills and expertise to provide practical and innovative services, and are passionate about projects that define our future.
The Bubble Launceston
The Bubble Launceston is a boutique specialist GP clinic providing sexual and reproductive women's health services, with a large focus on pregnancy and postpartum. The Bubble Launceston was founded in 2021 by Dr Natasha Vavrek, with the aim of providing quality women's health care in a safe and nurturing environment in a way that will educate, enable and empower women.
To enter, the following eligibility criteria must be met. Each category also has specific requirements. If you have any questions about these conditions, please contact us.
- Reside in Australia
- Have a registered Australian Business Number (ABN)
- Have been operating in Australia for at least 12 months at the time you submit your Stage 1 entry
- Be more than 60 percent Australian-owned, with the owner(s)/founder(s) responsible for making the key management decisions
- Be a small-to-medium business that’s a sole trader, partnership, incorporated, NFP, social enterprise or franchise whose franchisor is 60 percent Australian owned and not a listed company
- Earn more than $50,000 in annual revenue
- Have under 200 full-time equivalent staff at the time you submit your Stage 1 entry
- Operate in an ethical manner with suppliers, distributors and contractors
- Supply financials when requested. All financials will remain confidential and will not be shared or used outside the purposes of judging the business’ performance, success and viability.
- Be a listed company, franchisor, a club, co-operative, or a Telstra licensee
- Be affiliated with Telstra through investments, donation or reselling
- Be more than 50 percent owned by another business
- Be a government agency
- Have filed for bankruptcy in the prior 5 years or been subject to court proceedings in the prior 12 months – including in the business owner or founder’s personal capacity – at the time you submit your Stage 1 entry
- Be a recipient of significant ongoing government funding (excluding temporary government relief or support packages, such as Jobkeeper or disaster recovery)
- Have been a contracted commercial supplier of Telstra in the last 3 years
- Enter the same category where the business has previously won at State or National level at the Telstra Best of the Business Awards in the past 3 years
- Have a staff member that has applied and/or Have a staff member that has been a State or National judge in the Telstra Best of Business Awards for any category in the past 3 years
- Enter the awards if a staff member or owner has applied to be a judge in the same awards program year.
Our 2024 program dates
Click below for details on category information, selection criteria and eligibility.
An exclusive 3 day event filled with networking and celebration, all cumulating with the glitz and glamour of the National Gala Dinner.
National Gala Dinner
The pinnacle event of the 2024 Telstra Best of Business Awards. An unforgettable evening full of glitz and glamour, it's where we reveal all our National Winners along with the Business of the Year.
Missed the deadline? Don't worry - we accept nominations all year round. If you know an exceptional business moving Australia forward, nominate them for the next program.
Have a question?
Find answers to your frequently asked questions.
Speak with our Awards Team and call 1800 AWARDS Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm (AEDT).