Telstra National Aboriginal
& Torres Strait Islander Art Awards – entries now open
Australia’s most prestigious Indigenous art award is celebrating its 35th year and currently calling for 2018 entries.
The awards are held at the Museum and Arts Gallery of the Northern Territory
Painting: Ngangkari Ngura (Healing Country), synthetic polymer paint on linen, 34th Telstra NATSIAA
Artist: Betty Muffler
Photographer: Fiona Morrison
Submit your 2018 entry
Submit your 2018 entry and you could be in the running to win one of the esteemed Telstra NATSIAA prizes with $80,000 in prize money on offer.
- The prize categories are as follows:
- Overall Telstra Art Award- $50,000
- Telstra General Painting Award - $5,000
- Telstra Bark Painting Award- $5,000
- Telstra Works on Paper Award (includes photography, print making, drawing etc) - $5,000
- Wandjuk Marika Memorial Three-Dimensional Award (sponsored by Telstra) - $5,000
- New in 2017: Telstra Emerging Artist Award (awarded from any medium ad for artists working within their first five years of practice who have not been displayed in a major gallery) - $5,000
- New in 2017: Telstra Multimedia Award (for multidisciplinary and digital works) - $5,000
- Telstra People’s Choice Award
How to enter
2017 Telstra NATSIAA winners
We are pleased to share with you the 2017 Telstra NATSIAA winners.
Enjoy some of the amazing highlights of the 2017 Telstra NATSIAA at the Museum and Art Gallery of the Northern Territory.
Entry is open to any adult who identifies as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander and is an Australian resident over the age of 18. Each artist can submit one original artwork that has not previously been exhibited or made available for sale. Prize money for any award does not include GST and GST does not apply. For full selection and registration information please see www.magnt.net.au/entriesopen. Entries close: 5pm Friday 16 March 2018 and winners will be notified by Friday 2 August 2018.