Telstra Mobile Protect is an add-on mobile app that allows customers to set parental controls and restrict usage on your family’s Telstra mobile devices. It’s available on post-paid plans at no extra cost. You can
- Restrict call and SMS activity
- Apply internet filters to allow and block certain categories of online content
- Set internet time restrictions to block internet access on phone
- Block access to nominated websites
- Find out which internet websites are being accessed on your mobile services
You can turn Telstra Mobile Protect on or off at any time in My Telstra.
What’s happening to Telstra Mobile Protect?
Telstra Mobile Protect will no longer be available from 30 June 2021. This change is part of our ongoing commitment to simplify our products and services. When this product was launched no similar features were available in smartphones. Since then, technology has advanced, calls can now be blocked from smartphones. Internet content blocking feature is also available in other free products from Google and Apple.
What does this mean for you?
If you are not using Telstra Mobile Protect now, this will not affect you.
If you have Telstra Mobile Protect on your mobile phone or tablet, it will stop working after 30 June 2021. To continue to manage unwanted calls and to help stay safe while online, you can consider using:
- Unwanted call blocking – allows you to block calls on your smartphone
- Internet content blocking – you can set up parental controls to help block inappropriate content and use of apps and devices
- Telstra Device Protect – a paid product you can buy that provides security against malware, viruses and scams on your PC, Mac and mobile devices
How do I continue to block calls or set internet controls from my mobile device?
After Telstra Mobile Protect stops working on 30 June 2021, you can continue to manage unwanted calls and manage websites your family visit on their Telstra mobile devices by using any of the following options depending on your needs:
You can block unwanted calls on your smartphone.
- Discover ways to manage unwanted calls
- For iPhone, iPod touch and iPad, you can block and manage phone numbers, contacts, and emails.
Find out how to block phone numbers on your Apple device
With iOS 13 and above, you can also detect and block spam calls.
See how to detect and stop spam calls on your Apple device
- For Android devices, other than Samsung, you can block and manage phone numbers by using the 'Phone by Google' app which is pre-installed in all Google Pixel phones and can be installed on other Android phones from Google Play.
- For Samsung phones, you can use your pre-installed phone app for blocking unwanted calls, here's how to block and unblock phone numbers
It's important to keep your loved ones safe online, so to help protect your family's digital presence you can block inappropriate internet content with parental controls:
- On Apple devices, you can use the in-built parental control tools to set up and manage web content restrictions.
Find out how to set Parental Restrictions on Apple devices
- On Android devices, you can use the Google Family Link app to set up digital ground rules for your children.
You can also set up parental controls on Google Play to restrict the content your child can download or purchase.
Device Protect is an add-on product that helps defend against known viruses, malware, phishing scams and identity theft. It provides all-in-one security for your compatible PCs, Macs, mobiles and tablets.
Find out how you can buy Device Protect
Rather get in touch? Let's get you connected
Got a question? Join our online community that's open 24x7.
Speak to us in your preferred language. We've got you covered.