Telstra Mobile Protect is a Telstra supplied service that makes it easy to set parental controls and restrict usage on your family’s Telstra mobile devices such as:
- Apply internet filters
- Restrict call and SMS activity
- Set time restrictions
- Block access to nominated websites
- Find out which internet sites are being accessed on your mobile services
You can turn Telstra Mobile Protect on or off at any time on the My Telstra app or My Account.
My Telstra app
- Download or open the My Telstra app
- Tap on the Services tab and select the mobile service you want to set up Mobile Protect on
- Scroll down to Your plan and select Manage
- Tap on Options and select Telstra Mobile Protect
- Choose the mobile service you’d like to manage and follow the setup process to choose your restrictions
- Sign in to My Account. If you're not registered for My Account, sign up here
- On the homepage, find the mobile service you want to set up Mobile Protect on in the Account overview section. Select the Manage link
- Under the Your Plan heading, select the Manage link
- Scroll down to Add-ons, then select Telstra Mobile Protect
- Choose the mobile service you’d like to manage and follow the setup process to choose your restrictions.
Good to know:
- Browsing restrictions will not work when the mobile is on a Wi-Fi connection, or overseas. It only restricts mobile internet access on the Telstra Mobile Network
- We take care to filter all content based on your set restrictions, but we can’t guarantee that all of the content will be filtered accurately or in accordance with your choices
- Call and SMS restrictions will not work with mobile data applications like Skype™ or Facetime
- Internet, call and SMS restrictions will not work when you use the mobile overseas
- Applying Telstra Mobile Protect means you consent to us sending URLs that you or someone else using Telstra Mobile Protect on your account will access, to a third party for categorisation. The third parties may be based overseas. We’ll remove your IP address and any personal information from such URLs first, unless the URL contains your name (for example, www.johnsmith.com or www.facebook.com/johnsmith)
- Telstra Mobile Protect is currently unavailable for customers on a Telstra Upfront Mobile Plan.
Rather get in touch? Let's get you connected
Got a question? Join our online community that's open 24x7.
Speak to us in your preferred language. We've got you covered.