If you’re on a month-to-month mobile plan and find you’re going over your allowance, a Data Pack can give you the extra data you need, and help keep your monthly bills under control. You’ll get fresh allowances at the start of each billing period and will continue to be charged for it each month until you remove it.
For an ongoing monthly charge, a Data Pack gives you additional data to use each month. This is often cheaper than running your service into extra data (charged at $10 per GB).
You can choose between 2, 5 or 8GB of extra data and all Packs include unlimited calls, SMS and MMS to Australian numbers. Data Packs only apply in Australia and can’t be used while roaming overseas.
If you go over your Data Pack allowance, you'll incur Extra Data charges. Extra Data automatically tops-up your data at $10 per GB when you exceed your included monthly allowance, including the Data Pack allowance.
- This is unavailable for the Telstra Upfront Mobile Plan. If you are on this plan and find you're going over your data allowance, you can change your plan to a larger plan with a higher data inclusion. You can make this change once a month through the My Telstra app and the increased data allowance will be available straight away.
- Upon activating a new Data Pack you’ll incur the full monthly fee for the Pack, regardless of where you are in the billing month. On your next bill, you’ll also be billed the monthly fee for the Pack in advance
- Any unused data allowance, including any Data Pack data allowance or extra data, will expire at the end of each billing month
- Additional charges will apply for excluded usage such as calls/SMS/MMS to premium numbers (e.g. 19xx numbers), 1234, 12455, 12456 and satellite numbers, content charges and use overseas
- Calls, SMS and MMS are not shared services and are only available on devices that are compatible with these services
- For full terms and conditions for your Data Pack and Extra Data, refer to our customer terms
International Call Pack
For $10 a month, you can add an International Call Pack to your month-to-month mobile plan. You’ll get unlimited voice and SMS to standard numbers in the following destinations:
Canada, China, Denmark, Germany, Guam, Hong Kong, India, Ireland, Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia, New Zealand, Norway, Puerto Rico, Romania, Singapore, South Korea, UK, USA, Vietnam
Calls and SMS made to destinations not in the list above will be charged at pay-as-you-go rates.
If you are on the Telstra Upfront Mobile Plan, you can add an International Calling Pack to your plan from $10 a month. You can view different pack options and included countries, as well as to add the pack to your plan, in the My Telstra app.
Rather get in touch? Let's get you connected
Got a question? Join our online community that's open 24x7.
Speak to us in your preferred language. We've got you covered.
We're here to listen and answer your questions, so let's chat.