How do I set up my Telstra Locator Wi-Fi Tag?
To set up and pair your Telstra Locator Wi-Fi Tag to your compatible device, follow these steps:
- Download the Telstra Locator App from the App Store or Google Play Store.
- Sign in using your Telstra ID and password. If you don’t have a Telstra ID, you can register for one here.
- If this is your first time using the Telstra Locator App, you’ll be prompted to set up your profile. You’ll also be able to choose whether you’d like to locate the smartphone/tablet you are currently using. From here, you’ll be taken to the Dashboard.
- To pair your Telstra Locator Wi-Fi Tag, tap the + icon on the dashboard. Make sure you have your Bluetooth and Location Services enabled on your device and that you’re within range of the Wi-Fi enabled modem that you wish to pair to.
- Press the middle of your Telstra Locator Wi-Fi Tag to pair it with your device. Your Telstra Locator Wi-Fi Tag should be near your device for optimal pairing.
- You’ll be asked to personalise your tag by selecting a name and image for it, depending on its use.
- You’ll be prompted to connect the Telstra Locator Wi-Fi Tag to your Wi-Fi network. You can also enable zones and notifications for this Tag.
- Once you’ve successfully paired your tag to your device, you’ll be directed back to the dashboard where you’ll be able to view the last known, approximate location of your tag.
Still need to get in touch