Here are some reasons why your Smart Home Door Lock may not be responding and some ways to fix the problem.
- Is the automation switched ON?
- Open the Telstra Smart Home® app
- Select ‘Automations’
- Select the automation for your Smart Door Lock
- Make sure the automation is ON: you’ll see a green slider bar in the top right corner
- If you don’t see a green bar, turn the automation ON by tapping the slider.
- Is the Smart Door Lock too far from the Smart Home Hub?
- Make sure the lock is within 20 metres of your Smart Home Hub
- Make sure no objects like furniture are blocking the signal.
Good to know:
- To increase the signal strength, install a Smart Power Plug between the lock and the hub. This is because Smart Power Plugs also function as signal extenders.
- Do the keypad buttons work?
- Press each keypad button to see if they respond
- If a button doesn’t work contact us to report a fault.
- Are the batteries flat?
- Put new batteries in the lock
- Make sure they’re in the right way.
- Is it the cable?
Unscrew and open the lock casing and make sure;
- the cable is connected securely
- the cable isn’t pinched.
- Is the lock in privacy mode?
To remove privacy mode:
- Press the button under the thumb turn.