You can set up automations to send SMS and email alerts to your friends and family when certain things happen in your home. To do this, you’ll need to add them to ‘My friends and family’ first, so their names are displayed when you create an automation.
Your contacts can receive SMS and email alerts based on the automations you create.
- Go to Settings then My friends and family. A list of contacts will be displayed.
- Press + at the top right of the screen.
- Enter the person’s first name, last name, email address and phone number. Tap Save.
When you create a new automation, select their name from the list and specify whether you want to send them SMS or email alerts.
Remove a person from ‘My friends and family’
- Go to Settings then My friends and family.
- Tap the contact you’d like to remove.
- Tap Delete contact and tap Delete to confirm. Note that you can’t delete the default contact.