If you’ve set up a new Wi-Fi with a new password, you’ll need to pair your Smart Home Hub to the new Wi-Fi. Here’s how to get your Telstra Smart Home connected again.
Will I need to set up my Telstra Smart Home devices again?
In most cases, no. Your light bulbs, smart plugs, door/window sensors, motion sensors, thermostats and locks will automatically reconnect when you pair you Smart Home Hub to the new Wi-Fi.
But if you have a Telstra Smart Home indoor or outdoor camera, you’ll need to pair it to your new Wi-Fi manually. You’ll find the camera pairing instructions below.
Do not factory reset your Telstra Smart Home Hub. If you’ve already done this, please call our tech experts on 13 22 00 and say ‘Smart Home support’.
To connect your Telstra Smart Home Hub to your new Wi-Fi:
- When you log into the Telstra Smart Home app, you’ll see a red banner saying your hub is offline. Select Help.
- On the next screen, select Reconnect
- Make sure your internet is working; if it is select Yes
- When the app asks if your home Wi-Fi network has recently been renamed or changed; select Reconnect
- On your Telstra Smart Home Hub, double-tap the Pair button on the right side
- When the LED on the hub begins blinking red, select Next in the app
- Now exit the app, and navigate to the Wi-Fi settings on your phone or tablet
- Make sure your Wi-Fi is turned on, then select the TelstraHub_XXXXXX network: Wait for a connection to be established
- Now return to the app
- If you’ve successfully connected to the ‘TelstraHub_XXXXXX’ network, then the app will auto-advance to the next screen
- Select your new home Wi-Fi network from the list. If your home Wi-Fi network still isn’t listed, select Refresh in the top right hand corner
- Enter your home Wi-Fi password, and select Next
- Your Telstra Smart Home Hub should now be connected to your new Wi-Fi.
If it’s not, go to Troubleshooting Telstra Smart Home Hub.
Please note If you have cameras, follow the steps below to reconnect them separately.
To connect your cameras to the new Wi-Fi:
To do this, you’ll need to be at home so you can access your camera and your Wi-Fi modem.
First, press the WPS button on the back of the camera for 2 seconds; a light will blink. Second, press the WPS button on your Wi-Fi modem; on most modems, a light will blink.
Note: the button on your modem may say 'WPS' or 'Pair'.
That's it! Your camera should now be paired to your new Wi-Fi network. Use the app to confirm that the re-pair has worked by viewing the camera from My Place.
Need more help?
Still need to get in touch