Activating your Roost smart smoke alarm battery
Before you get started, ensure you have the following:
- An existing fitted smoke alarm
- A Roost smart smoke alarm battery
- The latest version of the Roost app
- When my smoke alarm fitted with my smart smoke alarm battery detects smoke, set the Hue bulb to red.
- A compatible mobile device or tablet that supports a 2.4GHz connection
- An internet connection
- Access to a secure wireless network. Make sure you have the wireless network password handy.
Setting up Roost to work with Telstra Smart Home
Set up your Roost app, Roost account and Roost devices by following the instructions that came with your Roost smart smoke alarm battery.
After you’ve set up your Roost device and tested that it’s working correctly, you can link your battery to Telstra Smart Home.
Link Roost devices to your Telstra Smart Home service
- Open the Telstra Smart Home app, and log in with your Telstra ID.
- Select Settings, My Devices, Connect to partner account, then tap Roost.
- Tap Continue.
- Check that you’ve installed your Roost smart battery, downloaded the Roost app and used it to check that the battery is working properly. Tap Continue.
- At the Roost sign in screen, log in with your Roost account.
- Finally, select Accept when asked to trust this application