If you have trouble with a Smart Power Plug, resetting it may fix the problem. Here’s how to do it.
- Remove it from the Telstra Smart Home app
- Open the Telstra Smart Home app
- Select Settings
- Select Manage devices
- Select Smart Power plug
- Select the plug that’s not working
- Select Manage
- Select Remove device.
- Switch the power point off and unplug the Smart Power Plug from the power point
- Switch the power point on
- Hold the Pair button on the Smart Power Plug for four seconds
- Keep holding the Pair button and plug the Smart Power Plug back into the power point
- Continue to hold the Pair button for another four seconds, then release it
- The LED will start flashing when the Smart Power Plug is reset
- Go back into the app and add the Smart Power Plug back into your ‘Devices’.
What if resetting my plug stops an automation from working? When you reset a Smart Power Plug it can turn off any automations linked to it.
To fix this open your Telstra Smart Home app and turn the automation on again.
Need more help?
Watch our how to video below on Installing Smart Power Plugs.
Still need to get in touch