1. Troubleshoot it yourself
A lot of mobile phone problems can be fixed with these simple troubleshooting steps:
- Restart your mobile
- Check for outages on the Service Status page
- Download the Device Care App to run diagnostics checks yourself
- For specific issues and their troubleshooting tips, visit our Mobile Support page
- Take the battery out and put it back in, then turn the phone back on (if applicable)
- Take the SIM card out and put it back in to make sure it’s inserted correctly
- Perform a software update (if applicable)
- Back up your data first, then perform a factory reset. Please note: this will reset your phone back to original settings and erase all data.
If you’re still unable to resolve your issue
2. If that doesn’t work, bring it in
If troubleshooting doesn’t fix your problem, you can return your device to be assessed at your nearest Telstra store.
Is it still under 24 month contract?
You could be eligible for Telstra Device Care Express
If you are having problems with your Telstra mobile or dongle and it’s still within 24 months from the purchase date, you could be eligible for Device Care Express.
How do I return my mobile?
- Book an appointment online to visit your nearest Telstra Store.
- One of our store Tech Experts will take a look and help you with some further troubleshooting to see if they can solve the problem on the spot.
- If the problem is determined to be the result of a user error instead of a software, hardware or a network fault, then a fee may apply. You will be contacted by Telstra Device Care if a fee applies, before they proceed with the repair or replacement of your device. In the event that you cannot be contacted, the device will be returned to you unrepaired.
- If we can’t fix it on the spot and your device is in warranty, we’ll request an express device replacement from Telstra Device Care. Your replacement will normally arrive at your local Telstra Store in one to two business days.
Good to know:
- If you can’t use your existing device, ask for a temporary device to use while you wait for its replacement.
- As-new (refurbished) devices are issued if your mobile needs to be replaced.
- A diagnosis / handling fee of $49.50 applies even if you choose not to continue with the repair, unless your phone is still under warranty.
Can’t make it to a Telstra Store? We can still help:
- Contact us on 13 22 00 and say ‘Mobile Fault’ or,
- Send your device in to us by completing our Telstra Device Care Self Service online form
Good to know:
- Make sure you back up your mobile data and personal information
- If repairs are required, Telstra may erase all personal information and mobile data on your device
- If you’ve already submitted your mobile for assessment and want to check the status, please use our Service Tracker.
What if I’m a StayConnected Customer?
- If you are a StayConnected customer, please use our online form
- You’ll need to select 'Start a new request' then follow the instructions.
Important legal rights called Consumer Guarantees
For products you buy from us, you also have legal rights known as Consumer Guarantees. This includes a guarantee that those products will be fit for purpose, safe, durable, acceptable in appearance and free from faults for a reasonable period of time having regard to factors like the type of product and its cost. Consumer guarantees apply regardless of any manufacturer’s warranty or Telstra policies and can apply even after the manufacturer’s warranty has ended.
You’re entitled to a solution if a product doesn’t meet a consumer guarantee. Where a product is faulty, the solution will depend on the type of fault and whether that fault is ‘major’. For more information about what constitutes a “major” fault, Consumer Guarantees and your return rights, please visit Faulty products – know your rights.
Still need to get in touch