How do I troubleshoot my mobile?
Troubleshoot it yourself
A lot of mobile phone problems can be fixed with these simple troubleshooting steps:
- Restart your mobile
- Check for outages on the Outages page
- Download the Device Care App to run diagnostics checks yourself
- For specific issues and their troubleshooting tips, visit our Mobile Support page
- Take the battery out and put it back in, then turn the phone back on (if applicable)
- Take the SIM card out and put it back in to make sure it’s inserted correctly
- Perform a software update (if applicable) If you’re still unable to resolve your issue
- Back up your data first, then perform a factory reset. Please note: this will reset your phone back to original settings and erase all data.
If troubleshooting doesn’t fix your problem, you can return your device to be assessed at your nearest Telstra store.
Is it still under 24 month contract?
You could be eligible for Telstra Device Care Express
If you are having problems with your Telstra mobile or dongle and it’s still within 24 months from the purchase date, you could be eligible for Device Care Express.
How do I return my mobile?
- Book an appointment online to visit your nearest Telstra Store.
- One of our store Tech Experts will take a look and help you with some further troubleshooting to see if they can solve the problem on the spot.
- If the problem is determined to be the result of a user error instead of a software, hardware or a network fault, then a fee may apply. You will be contacted by Telstra Device Care if a fee applies, before they proceed with the repair or replacement of your device. In the event that you cannot be contacted, the device will be returned to you unrepaired.
- If we can’t fix it on the spot and your device is in warranty, we’ll request an express device replacement from Telstra Device Care. Your replacement will normally arrive at your local Telstra Store in one to two business days.
Still need to get in touch