What is Telstra Mobile Protect?
It’s a Telstra supplied service that makes it easy to set parental controls and restrict usage on your family’s Telstra mobile devices.
What can you do with it?
- Apply internet filters
- Restrict call and SMS activity
- Set time restrictions
- Block access to nominated websites
- Find out which internet sites are being accessed on your mobile services
How do I get Telstra Mobile Protect?
Add it to your mobile plan:
- Log into Telstra 24x7 My Account
If you’re not registered for Telstra 24x7 My Account, sign up here
- In ‘Plans & Usage’, select the mobile you want to set up Mobile Protect on
- Scroll down to ‘Features’
- Select ‘Manage’ next to Telstra Mobile Protect
- Select ‘Manage’ next to the mobile you want to set up Mobile Protect on
- Follow the setup process to choose your restrictions
- To apply Telstra Mobile Protect to a Telstra mobile or tablet that’s not on your account -select ‘manage’ in the Telstra Mobile Protect banner
- Select 'add additional service'
- Type the number and select 'Confirm'
- When the confirmation SMS request arrives, reply with 'Yes'
Can I manage Mobile Protect in Telstra 24x7 My Account?
Yes – you can manage Mobile Protect on your Telstra 24x7 My Account dashboard.
You can also cancel or turn the app off anytime.
Good to know:
- Browsing restrictions will not work when the mobile is on a Wi-Fi connection, or overseas. It only restricts mobile internet access on the Telstra Mobile Network.
- We take care to filter all content based on your set restrictions, but we can’t guarantee that all of the content will be filtered accurately or in accordance with your choices
- Call and SMS restrictions will not work with mobile data applications like Skype™ or Facetime
- Internet, call and SMS restrictions will not work when you use the mobile overseas
- Applying Telstra Mobile Protect means you consent to us sending URLs that you or someone else using Telstra Mobile Protect on your account will access, to a third party for categorisation. The third parties may be based overseas. We will remove your IP address and any personal information from such URLs first, unless the URL contains your name (for example, www.johnsmith.com or www.facebook.com/johnsmith)
Still need to get in touch
Prefer to talk to someone over the phone? We're here to answer your questions.