Telstra One number is a new service that allows you to use the same number for your mobile and an applicable cellular-enabled smart watch.
How do I activate this service?
To activate Telstra One Number on an Apple Watch
- Open the Watch app from your iPhone
- With Bluetooth on, pair your Apple Watch watch to your iPhone
- When prompted during setup, confirm your Telstra One Number subscription, and your Apple Watch will automatically connect to the Telstra network
To activate Telstra One Number on a Samsung Galaxy Watch
- Open the Galaxay Wearable app on your Samsung phone
- With Bluetooth on, pair your Samsung Galaxy Watch watch to your Samsung phone
- When prompted during setup, confirm your Telstra One Number subscription, and your Samsung Galaxy Watch will automatically connect to the Telstra network
How long does it take to connect my cellular-enabled smart watch to my phone with Telstra One Number?
It takes about 10 minutes to subscribe to Telstra One Number and connect your cellular-enabled smart watch with your phone.
Good to know:
- There may be a delay of up to four hours before your cellular-enabled smart watch will work over the mobile network.
What’s the difference between pairing and subscribing?
Pairing means establishing a Bluetooth connection between your cellular-enabled smart watch and phone. When paired, the cellular-enabled smart watch is entirely dependent on the phone to receive calls, texts and data.
Subscribing to Telstra One Number lets you connect both devices to our mobile network. This allows the cellular-enabled smart watch to receive calls, texts and data independently of the phone.
Can more than one cellular-enabled smart watch be connected in the network?
No, only one cellular-enabled smart watch can be connected to your Telstra mobile service at a time. If you wish to connect a different cellular-enabled smart watch, you can do so via the Watch app on your iPhoneor the Galaxy Wearable app in your Samsung phone. Doing so will disconnect your currently connected cellular-enabled smart watch from the network.
Still need to get in touch