What can I do if I’m having trouble with my Pre-Paid service?
If you need some extra help with your Pre-Paid service check out our list of advice below, and don’t worry, if you can’t find what you’re looking for give us a call.
I can’t activate my Pre-Paid service:
- If you have a new SIM card, you need to activate it online. Once you’ve completed the online activation, it can take up to 48 hours for your service to be active. However, it’s usually much sooner.
- Check the status of your activation using the order number in your email confirmation.
- If your SIM card didn't come with credit to get you started, you need to recharge.
- Turn your device off and on again. This re-establishes the connection and can often fix issues
- If you haven't recharged in the last six months your service may have been deactivated.
- If your service is deactivated, you can buy a new Telstra Pre-Paid SIM Starter Kit online or in store.
I can’t register for Telstra 24x7 My Account:
- Wait at least 24 hours after activating your Pre-Paid service before you register for Telstra 24x7 My Account
- Make sure you're using the same name and date of birth details you used to activate your Pre-Paid service.
I don’t know how much credit I have:
- If you have a smartphone or tablet, use the Telstra 24x7® App to check your balance
- You can dial #100# and press Send to see your balance on your screen
- If your phone can browse the internet you can type m.telstra.com to see your balance
- You can call 125 88 88 to check your balance.
I can’t get onto the Telstra network
- Check your network signal strength: look for an indicator at the top of the screen showing up to five bars of signal. Sometimes just moving from one spot to another can improve signal strength and get you back online.
- You can check Telstra’s coverage in your area with our Coverage Map
- If you have been redirected to a Telstra page saying you have insufficient credit to continue browsing, this means you’re out of credit and you will need to recharge.
- Turn your device off and on again. This re-establishes the connection and can fix issues.
Still need help?
Watch our video on How to insert your sim into a prepaid phone with a battery
Still need to get in touch