What happens when I no longer have any Pre-Paid credit?
When your credit expires or runs out, you move into a ‘Recharge Only Period’ and you lose any remaining credit on your phone. You won’t be able to make calls or access the internet until you recharge.
Can I make any calls at all during a Recharge Only Period?
During your Recharge Only Period you can only make calls to:
- 125 88 88 recharge hotline. It’s a free call from your Telstra Pre-Paid service
- Emergency numbers like 000 and 112. Find out more on the Triple Zero (000) website
- Freecall phone numbers, like Telstra Customer Service.
Can I still receive calls during a Recharge Only Period?
Yes, you can still receive calls during a Recharge Only Period.
How long have I got to recharge before my service is deactivated?
- You have 3, 6 or 12 months to recharge, depending on your Pre-Paid offer
- Find out how long your recharge period is on Telstra 24x7 App or Telstra 24x7 My Account.
- If you don't recharge within that time, your service will be deactivated and you’ll lose your Telstra mobile number.
Still need to get in touch
Prefer to talk to someone over the phone? We're here to answer your questions.