- If you’re on a post-paid plan, you can use our online iPhone unlocking tool.
- You can still use the tool if you’re not a Telstra customer, but it can only unlock iPhone and iPad2 devices purchased from Telstra.
- The unlock tool isn’t available for Pre-Paid customers.
- Your unlock request will take up to 72 hours to be processed.
- After 72 hours, follow the Apple unlock instructions, and update your settings to the new network.
Wait - backup before you unlock!
Back up your iPhone before you unlock it or you may lose the data on it.
Good to know:
- iPhone 3, 3G, 3GS, 4 and 4S may be locked to our network: to unlock your iPhone select the ‘iPhone unlocking’ button.
- All iPhone 5 models and above, and other iPad models on a plan are already unlocked.
- You’ll need to retrieve your iPhone’s 15-digit IMEI number. Here’s how:
- Select Settings
- Select General
- Select About
- Scroll down to IMEI – you’ll find your IMEI number here.
Still need to get in touch
Prefer to talk to someone over the phone? We're here to answer your questions.