Your Pre-Paid phone already has International Roaming activated, so you can use it in any country where International Roaming is available but the cost of calls, messages and data while you’re overseas will be higher than in Australia.
Before you try to use your Pre-Paid phone overseas you need to check a few things first.
- Make sure Telstra roaming is available in the country you’re visiting: go to ‘Find a destination’ on our Roaming Availability map.
- Make sure your Pre-Paid phone handset is compatible with that country’s mobile network. Network types and frequencies vary by carrier and country. Contact us on live chat to check compatibility with your device.
Good to know:
- If you don’t want to use your Telstra Pre-Paid service while you travel overseas but you want to use your Telstra Pre-Paid mobile handset with an overseas carrier’s SIM, you will need to unlock your Pre-Paid mobile from the Telstra mobile network.
- For more information about International Roaming, please click here
- Check your Pre-Paid plan for the applicable international roaming charges in the full rates section.
Still need to get in touch