‘SOS only’ means that you can only make emergency calls from your phone.
- You can’t make or take normal calls, or send or receive messages
- You can’t access data, or use the internet.
Why can’t my phone do anything except make emergency calls?
The most common reason is because your phone can’t connect to the mobile network. This may be due to:
- A mobile network outage
- an issue with your SIM
- an area with poor mobile coverage
How can I get my phone working again?
- Make sure your SIM card is inserted properly
- Check for outages on the Service Status page
- Try switching the phone off and on again. This can help if you’re getting a weak signal from the mobile tower
- If you’re got a Pre-Paid service, make sure you have sufficient credit
- If you’re got a Post Paid service, make sure you’ve paid your bills in full, as restrictions may have been applied to your service if you have not paid your bills when due. You can check your balance via Telstra 24x7 My Account.
If you’ve done all that and your phone still won’t connect, check that your mobile carrier network settings are:
- set to automatic, and
- connected to the Telstra Network.
Need more help?
Get troubleshooting tips for your specific phone on our mobile support page
Still need to get in touch
Prefer to talk to someone over the phone? We're here to answer your questions.