NFC stands for Near Field Communication. It can be used by two compatible devices to communicate with each other when you bring them close together; usually a distance of about 4 cm or less.
- NFC is how contactless payment works when you tap your card or hold your phone next to an eftpos machine.
- You can also use Near Field Communication on your mobile to transfer data, connect devices and open webpages to other compatible devices.
Why is my phone beeping?
- You may have left NFC on. Your phone may beep when it detects another NFC signal.
- This could be from bank cards, other smart phones, or other NFC enabled devices.
How do I turn NFC on/off?
- Search for your mobile on Mobile Support;
- Select ‘Data and Wireless’
- Follow the steps to turn on/off NFC.
Still need to get in touch
Prefer to talk to someone over the phone? We're here to answer your questions.