Yes. You change your mobile from Pre-Paid to post-paid, or post-paid to Pre-Paid. And in most cases you can keep your SIM card and your number. To change over:
Switching to Pre-Paid:
- You will need to select a Pre-Paid plan
- You will need to purchase a Pre-Paid recharge
- Any discounts or benefits linked to your post-paid contract will end once it changes.
What if I’m still on a post-paid contract?
- You can still switch to Pre-Paid but you will need to pay any Early Termination Charges and any remaining device or accessory payments associated with your plan.
- You can check if you’re still on a contract and get any estimate of any early termination charges or remaining device payments with Telstra 24x7® App, Telstra 24x7 My Account or our website
Switching to post-paid:
- You will need to select a post-paid plan and if required a new device.
- You’ll lose any remaining credit or bonuses on your Pre-Paid service once it changes
- In most cases we can add your mobile to an existing account.
Good to know:
- You may lose voicemail messages you’ve saved when you switch. Make sure you save important voicemail messages to a separate device first.
- You can’t transfer ownership of a mobile at the same time as you’re switching from Pre-Paid to post-paid or vice versa.
- If you want to transfer ownership as well, visit our Change of Ownership page
Still need to get in touch