Yes. You change your mobile from Pre-Paid to post-paid, or post-paid to Pre-Paid. And in most cases you can keep your SIM card and your number. To change over:
Switching to Pre-Paid:
- You will need to select a Pre-Paid plan
- You will need to purchase a Pre-Paid recharge
- Any discounts or benefits linked to your post-paid contract will end once it changes.
What if I’m still on a post-paid contract?
- You can still switch to Pre-Paid but you will need to pay any Early Termination Charges and any remaining device or accessory payments associated with your plan.
- You can check if you’re still on a contract and get any estimate of any early termination charges or remaining device payments with Telstra 24x7® App, Telstra 24x7 My Account or our website
Switching to post-paid:
- You will need to select a post-paid plan and if required a new device.
- You’ll lose any remaining credit or bonuses on your Pre-Paid service once it changes
- In most cases we can add your mobile to an existing account.
Good to know:
- You may lose voicemail messages you’ve saved when you switch. Make sure you save important voicemail messages to a separate device first.
- You can’t transfer ownership of a mobile at the same time as you’re switching from Pre-Paid to post-paid or vice versa.
- If you want to transfer ownership as well, visit our Change of Ownership page
Still need to get in touch
Prefer to talk to someone over the phone? We're here to answer your questions.