- Your Telstra SIM card and a compatible mobile device
- Your mobile number, and
- Your order number*
Where do I find my order number?
Whether you ordered your post-paid mobile service online or from a Telstra call centre you will receive an email with your order number to your nominated email address. Your online order number is also at the top of the welcome letter which came with our parcel. It either:
- begins with SBS; or
- it’s a 13 or 14 digit number starting with '1-' e.g. 1-XXXXXXXXXXXX
Activating your SIM card
Check the table below to confirm if your SIM card is already activated and ready to go, or if you need to activate it.
|I have a brand new service with a new number||I upgraded my service and received a new SIM||I upgraded my service and did not receive a SIM||I am transferring (porting) my service to Telstra from another provider|
You’re already activated.
|Activation is required.||
You’re already activated
|Activation is required.|
To activate your SIM card:
To activate your SIM card: Have your mobile number and your order number ready:
- If you bought your SIM card from the Telstra contact centre or by speaking with Telstra 24x7 Chat, you can activate here.
- If you bought your SIM card from the Telstra Online Store, you can activate here.
How long will it take to activate my post-paid SIM card?
- A standard post-paid SIM card activation can take up to 2 business days - but it’s normally sooner.
- We’ll send you an email as soon as it’s activated so you can start using your phone.
- If you have any problems completing the activation you can chat with us to get help.
What happens if I don't activate my post-paid SIM card?
- If you don't activate your SIM card right away, we’ll remind you via SMS or email.
- If you still haven’t activated within 48 hours of the reminder, we will activate your SIM card automatically.
Good to know:
- Once activated, your mobile service will be up and running and subject to charges.
How do I transfer my data to the new phone?
You can transfer, backup and restore contacts and all your important data with the Telstra Device Care app.
How should I pay my first bill?
Still need to get in touch