If you have a Telstra Signature 2 phone you're covered by the Telstra Screen Replacement Guarantee.
If you accidentally break the screen in the 24 months from date of purchase you are covered for one free screen replacement.
How do I get my replacement screen?
- Visit a Telstra Store near you or complete the warranty claim online
- We'll repair your screen or give you a replacement phone within two days
- The replacement phone may be a refurbished phone
- We'll post the replacement phone to you at our cost or you can collect it from a Telstra store
Before you hand over or send in your phone:
1. Back up your data
Make sure you back up all your data before you send in or hand over your phone . Your data may be erased from the phone. You can back up easily with the Telstra Device Care app. You can also install the app from the Google Play Store.
2. Remove any Google activation locks.
Follow the steps here.
What damage is covered?
The Telstra Screen Replacement Guarantee only covers accidental damage to the screen, and only covers one screen replacement per phone.
What damage is not covered?
The Telstra Screen Replacement Guarantee does NOT cover:
- Water damage
- Damage to other parts of the phone
- Damage caused by misuse
- more than one replacement screen per phone
Good to know:
- If your handset has other damage that is not related to the screen, or if we’ve already replaced the screen on the phone for you, we can still repair it, but you will have to pay for any other repairs.
- Our technicians will give you a quote for the additional repairs. If you don’t accept the quote, we’ll return your phone as is.
- We may use refurbished parts to repair your phone or my replace it with a refurbished phone.
Important legal rights called Consumer Guarantees
For products you buy from us, you also have legal rights known as Consumer Guarantees. This includes a guarantee that those products will be fit for purpose, safe, durable, acceptable in appearance and free from faults for a reasonable period of time having regard to factors like the type of product and its cost. Consumer guarantees apply regardless of any manufacturer’s warranty or Telstra policies and can apply even after the manufacturer’s warranty has ended.
You’re entitled to a solution if a product doesn’t meet a consumer guarantee. Where a product is faulty, the solution will depend on the type of fault and whether that fault is ‘major’. For more information about what constitutes a “major” fault, Consumer Guarantees and your return rights, please visit Faulty products – know your rights.
Still need to get in touch