An International Day Pass lets you use your Telstra mobile service while you are overseas, and save on roaming costs.
With an International Day Pass you can make unlimited calls and SMS to standard numbers around the world (including Australia) while you are in one of these eligible countries.
Standard calls include most mobile and landline numbers and excludes premium, directory assist and satellite numbers.
How does it work?
- Set up your International Day Pass on the Telstra 24x7® App or Telstra 24x7 My Account prior to leaving Australia. International Roaming is automatically activated at the same time
- You’ll only begin to pay for your International Day Pass once you start using your device at your destination
- International Day Pass is only compatible with Telstra mobile services on a plan (Post-Paid). To find out how you can use your Pre-Paid device overseas, view our International Roaming with your Pre-Paid service support page.
- Unlimited calls to standard International numbers while you are in one of the eligible countries (including Australia)
- Unlimited SMS to standard International numbers while you are in one of the eligible countries (including Australia)
- 200MB mobile data to use per day. Days are based on Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST).
What if I go over 200MB?
If you exceed the daily allowance of 200MB, we’ll automatically give you 500MB top-ups for $10 each. It’s valid for 31 days and can be used while you are roaming in eligible countries.
Find out more about International Day Pass and eligible countries here.
What’s not included?
These are not included and will be charged at standard Pay-As-You-Go Roaming rates:
- Calls, SMS and data usage when you are in a country which is not an eligible country
- MMS (Multimedia and Picture Messages)
- Video Calls (including Facetime)
- Third-Party content charges
- Calls to Premium 190x Numbers
- Premium SMS Services (e.g.: 19 xxx xxx)
- Satellite Numbers
- Operator-Assisted calls
What if my destination isn’t covered by International Day Pass?
If the country you’re going to is not eligible for an International Day Pass, you’ll be charged Pay As You Go rates. Once you have arrived, we’ll send you an SMS with the rates you’ll pay.
To find out what the International Roaming Pay As You Go rates are where you’re going, click here. You’ll need to scroll down to the world map and search for your destination or click on the country. This will bring up all applicable rates.
Need to activate your International Day Pass?
To find out how to activate or ‘enable’ your International Day Pass, click here.
Still need to get in touch