How do I check my mobile plan and data usage?
- Check how much data you have left
- Check how many days are left in your billing cycle
- View and download your bills
To check your data usage with the My Telstra app
- Download or open the My Telstra app
- Select Services in the bottom bar and you'll see the remaining and used data for all your services
- To view your usage in more detail, tap on the relevant service
To check your data with My Account
- Sign in to My Account using your Telstra ID
- If you have more than one account, you will need to select the relevant account from the blue bar at the top of the screen
- Your current monthly usage and days remaining until your next billing cycle will be displayed next to your service
- Click on the graph to view a detailed breakdown of your current shared data usage (if your plan includes shared data)
- Select Data Usage Alerts within Australia to manage data usage notifications. You can receive these via email or SMS and will be notified when you reach 50%, 85% and 100% of your usage.
You can also check your home internet data usage with the My Telstra app and My Account – simply select the relevant internet service, rather than mobile service.
To check data usage on your mobile
- Select your device's operating system from the list of interactive manuals here
- Select your device by clicking the appropriate image, or search for it
- Select Data & Wireless from the toolbar
- Scroll down and select View data usage
For a variety of reasons, your device's data usage record and Telstra's record of your data usage may not always be the same. Check your data usage against your monthly data allowance with the My Telstra app or My Account.
Manage your data
Get on top of your usage and see which apps are using most of your data allowance.
Tips on how to manage your data usage
What's using your data allowance?
Here's a guide to get an idea of how much data on average you are using when performing basic tasks on your mobile device.
Average data used
1000MB = 1GB
Sending or receiving 40 emails without attachments
Visiting 5 different web pages
Browsing Facebook for 10 minutes
Streaming 10 minutes of audio content
Making a 10 minute call on Skype (standard not video)
Uploading 10 photos
Streaming 10 minutes of video on YouTube (standard definition)
Source ACCC - Managing your data
Get more data
Whether you signed up to your plan before or from 25 June 2019 there are options for more data for you. Explore your options.
We’ll send you SMS or email alerts when you reach 50%, 85% and 100% of your included data allowance. Learn how to manage these notifications.
Managing your call, SMS and MMS usage
You can use the My Telstra app to view your plan usage and keep tabs on your Telstra services straight from your mobile.
We’ll also send you an SMS alert when you reach 50%, 85% and 100% of your plan’s call, SMS and MMS allowance. Keep in mind that these alerts aren’t in real time, and can be delayed up to 48 hours. They also don’t include calls, SMS or MMS usage to overseas, or any discounts you may receive in addition to your plan allowance.
If you’ve used more than 100% of your allowance, excess usage charges apply. To view your excess charge rate, check the details of your plan in My Account or the My Telstra app.
You can also consider adding a Voice and Data Pack to your plan, which not only gives you additional data, but also includes unlimited calls, SMS and MMS to eligible standard Australian numbers, within Australia. Find out more here.
To check if you are on the right plan based on your usage, you can:
Want more information?
Still need to get in touch