- If you’re an NRL fan, this app keeps you up to date with the latest news, updates, replays, trades and transfers from the National Rugby League
- The NRL App covers every team in the league – plus with an NRL Live Pass, eligible Telstra mobile customers can watch heaps of the games throughout the home and away season data-free. From 2018, it excludes State of Origin series and Grand Final.
- You can also watch more than 400 NRL matches from 2013 onwards on demand.
How do I get it?
What is the NRL Live Pass?
The NRL Live Pass gives you access to heaps of NRL games, using your compatible Telstra device within Australia. To find out more, visit NRL Live Pass.
From 2018, the live streaming of matches will no longer be available on laptops or PCs. All NRL Live Pass live streaming will be via the NRL Official App only.
Also from 2018 the pass excludes the State of Origin series and Grand Final.
Is the NRL app included at no additional cost?
If you’re a Post-Paid Telstra mobile customer, the NRL Live Pass is included in your plan at no additional cost. It’s also included in Pre-Paid recharge amounts of $30 and above.
If you’re not a Telstra customer, you’ll find the app subscription prices on the NRL website.
How do I take up the NRL Live Pass offer?
If you’re an eligible Telstra mobile customer, you can take up the offer by:
- Download or update the NRL App from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store. Data fees apply to download the app.
- Open the app and follow the prompts to the welcome screen
- Select 'Free for Telstra Mobile customers'
- If you’re an eligible Telstra mobile customer, you’ll see a ‘congratulations’ screen telling you that you‘ve now got access to the app.
- Start watching!
Good to know:
*If you are an eligible Telstra mobile customer but we didn’t detect that, don’t worry. Try these fixes:
- You may be on Wi-Fi - turn off your Wi-Fi and connect another way
- Login with your Telstra ID
- Make sure your mobile browser has private/incognito mode switched OFF, so we can find your mobile network.
Can I get NRL Live Pass on a Windows Phone?
No – you can only take up the NRL Live Pass Offer via the NRL Official App on iPad, iPhone and compatible Android Devices.
Can I watch my NRL Live Pass content on another device?
You may access and stream premium content via your NRL Live Pass subscription on up to two compatible devices at the same time.
With the launch of the new NRL Digital Network, the live streaming of NRL games will only be available to Live Pass subscribers via the NRL Official App on a mobile or tablet. Extended match highlights and full match replays will be available to stream across all devices.
Do I have to pay for data downloads?
Standard data charges apply when downloading and using the app.
For eligible Telstra customers, streaming video content in the app will not count towards your data allowance providing you are connected to the app via:
- Telstra ADSL/Cable/nbn™ broadband
- Telstra mobile devices connected to the Telstra Mobile network (excludes BigPond Wireless Broadband and International Roaming).
Good to know:
- Streaming video in the app via Telstra Air® does count towards your data allowance.
Will I be billed for the NRL Live Pass Offer?
If you take up the Live Pass offer for Telstra mobile customers, you won’t see it on your Telstra bill.
What if I’ve already paid for it, but I want to take up the Live Pass offer?
- If you signed up via NRL.com:
- If you signed up via the NRL Live Official App:
You can still take up our NRL Live Pass offer, but if you’ve already signed-up for a paid subscription through the Apple App Store or Google Play Store, you’ll need to cancel it via the relevant store.
You can still take up our NRL Live Pass offer, but you’ll also need to login and cancel your paid subscription via the website.
What happens to my Club membership?
You’ll need to contact your Club to discuss details of your Club membership.
What if the video breaks up or drops out?
The NRL app streams video an adaptive format so you get the best quality viewing possible based on the available bandwidth of your current location.
If you have trouble with the live match video streaming, try these troubleshooting tips:
- Make sure you’re in an area with good mobile or Wi-Fi coverage; then close the live match video down, and restart the stream.
- Connect your device to a Wi-Fi network that is uncongested
Good to know:
- You cannot stream live video to any external device like a PC monitor or TV via direct cable connection, Airplay or Airplay mirroring.
- NRL Live Pass excludes live streaming of State of Origin and the Grand Final. Live streaming limited to 7” viewing size.
- For full terms and conditions click here.
Need more help?
Watch our video on:
How to download the NRL App and redeem your NRL Live Pass.
Still need to get in touch