Showing 8 articles
International Calling Rates
How to set up call forwarding on your home phone
What to do if your home phone isn’t working
Setup, activate and manage your home phone MessageBank® and Telstra Home Messages 101®
International calls from your Telstra home phone
Return a rented home phone
Local and National Calls
Home phone user guides
How to download and setup your T-Voice app
Connecting your T-Voice handset to your Telstra modem
Register and link your T-Voice Handset to Telstra Gateway modem
Change HomeLine home phone plan
How to install your T-Hub 2
Priority Assistance for Telstra customers
Price changes to consumer home phone plans
Telstra Pensioner Discount and Connected Seniors program
Telstra offers holders of eligible Pension Concession Cards, issued either by Department of Human Services (Centrelink) or the Department of Veterans' Affairs, a 'Telstra Pensioner Discount' on their eligible fixed line service.
The discount includes:
- A discounted service connection charge.
- A discount on fixed line access charges. The amount can vary depending on the how much is spent on eligible calls and which home phone plan the customer is on.
- Fee waivers- late payment fee, credit card processing fee and paperbill fee
- Free Call Control - this feature allows a PIN to turn on and off access to different call types (this feature is not available on NBN services).
To request the Pensioner Discount or check your discount rates, please call us on 13 2200 or visit your nearest Telstra shop.
To determine whether a customer holds a valid pensioner concession card, Telstra may disclose the customer's details to Department of Human Services (Centrelink) from time to time.
To be eligible for the Telstra Pensioner Discount, customers need to:
- Be a residential home phone customer billed directly by Telstra for access and local calls; and
- Hold an eligible, valid Pension Concession Card that was issued for a full year.
It can be either a:
- Department of Human Services (Centrelink) Pensioner Concession Card with one of the Telstra approved Pension Concession Types. (The approved Pension Concession types and their codes are listed in the table below. Your three letter code will be listed on the bottom of your Department of Human Services (Centrelink) Pensioner Concession Card.) or
- DVA Card issued by the Department of Veterans' Affairs.
Concession Type Code Pension Type AGE, AGE BLIND Age Pension CAR Carer Payment recipient DSP, DSP BLIND Disability support pension MAA Mature age allowance MPA Mature age partner allowance NSA Newstart allowance (with either a partial capacity to work between 15-29 hours per week, or being a single principal carer) NMA Newstart mature age allowance PPP Parenting Payment (Partnered)
PPS - PCC version only (NOT HCC version)
Parenting Payment (Single) PTA Partner Allowance SAL
Special benefit (over 60)
Widow Allowance WID Widow B Pension WFA, WFD, WFW Wife Pension, card code YAL Youth Allowance (with either a partial capacity to work between 15-29 hours per week, or being a single principal carer)
The Telstra Tech Savvy Seniors program
We’re living in a digital age, however many older Australians are being left behind and lack the skills to take advantage of being connected. With almost half of older Australians not online - more than 2.3 million people – Telstra has partnered with three State Governments to deliver free or low cost training to thousands of older Australians.
The Telstra Tech Savvy Seniors is a program created to help older Australians learn more about technology. It's made up of:
- Short Self Teach Videos - over 30 easy to follow self-teach videos which are available here. The topics covered include mobiles, tablets, computers and home networking, email, internet shopping, social networking and online security.
- Easy to follow Quick Reference Guides in 10 different languages, that cover a range of topics. To access these click here:
- Face-to-face training is available for free or at a low cost through community colleges and libraries across NSW, Victoria and Queensland. This training is delivered in partnership with the NSW, Victorian and Queensland Governments. This training will assist older Australians who have limited or no previous experience in using technology to learn new skills for the future. Click to find out where the training is available
- You can request a large font bill. The bill is printed on larger paper, approximately twice the size of the standard print bill and is delivered in a larger envelope (A4 size). There is no additional cost for this service. To request a large font bill, contact 13 2200
- Telstra's Disability Equipment program gives eligible customers access to a range of products such as teletypewriters, big button phones, visual alerts and cochlear implant telephone adaptors. These products help to make it easier to use your telephone and can be rented for the same annual rental charge as our standard rental phones. Find out more online or call: 1800 068 424 Monday-Friday 9am-5pm EST.
Unanswered call charges
Using personal interim phone service
What to do if your home phone service is interrupted
How do I use the Telstra T-Voice® app?
Call Waiting and Call Forward for Telstra T-Voice
Set up Telstra T-Voice®
Manage Telstra T-Voice App contacts
Make internal calls using Telstra T-Voice® App
Improve the voice quality when using the T-Voice® App
T-Voice® 502 handset faults troubleshooting
Setting up an additional handset for your Telstra Call Guardian 301 Home phone base
List of Telstra T-Voice app Compatible devices
How to use the block call feature of the Telstra Call Guardian 301
Diagnose and fix common broadband connection, Wi-Fi, e-mail and home phone problems.
Telstra T-Voice 0:30
Telstra T-Voice® app which turns tablets and mobile devices into home phone handsets.Watch now
It’s good to know that Telstra Platinum is there when you need it. Telstra Platinum technicians can install your home phone, fix faults, optimise your Wi-Fi and more.
Ask questions, answer questions and share ideas about our products and services.
How easy was it to complete your task on Telstra.com today?
Thanks for your feedback.