Call our Unwelcome Calls team on 1800 805 996 if you’re getting any of the following types calls:
- Hang up calls: The caller hangs up as soon as you answer the call. And it happens repeatedly.
- Silence, hoax, obscene or abusive calls: The caller stays on the line but says nothing, or speaks in an abusive or obscene manner and does not hang up.
- Malicious calls: The caller makes threats or talks maliciously, and calls repeatedly.
- Scam calls: Scams often sound like you’re getting a special offer but the aim is really to get your personal or financial information.
How do I handle scam calls?
- Never give an unknown caller any personal or financial information.
- If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is! Tell them not to call again and hang up.
- Block them if you can—smartphones will often let you block a caller.
- Report scam calls and sign up to the Scamwatch Radar at scamwatch.gov.au.
What if I’ve been scammed?
If you’re the victim of cybercrime, report it to police immediately at acorn.gov.au.
If you’ve disclosed any financial information on the call, we suggest that you contact your financial institution.
Need more information?
Find out more about unwelcome calls here.
Still need to get in touch