This article explains how to return your Telstra home phone rental handset. Once you return it you’ll no longer be charged rent for it.
Good to know:
- If you have a T200 and T400, you don’t need to return it. Check your bill to see the type of home phone we’re charging you rent for, then call us to get the rental charge cancelled.
To return your phone:
To a Telstra Store or Australia Post outlet:
- Call 13 22 00 and say ‘Return rental phone’. We'll give you a reference number and tell you the closest Telstra Store or Australia Post drop-off point
- Return the phone to the designated drop-off point.
- Call 13 22 00 and say ‘Return rental phone’
- We’ll give you a reply paid address to send the phone to. You won’t pay any postage.
- Post the package at a post box or Australia Post outlet.
What if my phone is hard wired to the wall?
Call 13 22 00 and say ‘Return rental phone’ and we’ll organise a technician to remove the phone. It’s free if you’re a Telstra customer.
What if my rental phone is faulty?
If your rental phone is faulty, call us on 13 22 03 any time and say ‘Home Phone Fault’.
Still need to get in touch