Home Wireless Voice
Connecting your home phone to our 4G network
Make and receive voice calls on our 4G network using your Telstra Smart ModemTM.
What’s Home Wireless Voice?
Home Wireless Voice (or 4G fixed) is a home phone service that’s connected to the 4G network through your Telstra Smart Modem and doesn’t cost any extra. If you don’t use the internet and all you want is a home phone service to make and receive voice calls, then this could be the right service for you.
Why should I switch to Home Wireless Voice?
Having your home phone on the 4G network means your service is solely supported by Telstra. Our 4G network handles tens of millions of voice calls every day and if your service has a problem, we’re here to fix it for you.
Important things you need to know
- Priority Assist isn’t available for this service. If you need Priority Assist we’ll switch your home phone to an nbn network
- Home Wireless Voice is only available to customers who have received a letter of invite from us
- You should keep your Telstra Smart Modem plugged into the fixed connection point so we can switch your service to Home Wireless Voice or back
- Home Wireless Voice doesn’t support medical, fire or security alarms; lift phones, EFTPOS, Teletypewriter (TTY) and Fax
- When there's a power outage you won't be able to make voice calls on your home phone. Incoming calls will be captured by MessageBank
- You can access your missed calls and messages from MessageBank once power is restored
What do the lights on the Telstra Smart Modem mean when I’m connected to Home Wireless Voice?
Front Light Indicator
- White - Powered on, booting up
- Orange - Connecting
- Blue - Connected. Telstra Home Wireless active
Back Light Indicator
- Green - Great
- Orange - Good
- Red - Limited access
How to check the status of your Telstra Smart Modem and Home Wireless Voice connection
To check the status of your Telstra Smart Modem and Home Wireless Voice connection, enter http://192.168.0.1 in your browser and sign in with your username and password or use the default Username: admin and Password: Telstra.
What phone features are included with Home Wireless Voice?
Home Wireless Voice (4G fixed) includes the same features as a home phone service on the nbn network. You can check the features in the home phone user guide (PDF, 1.7MB).