When can I connect my Telstra modem?
If you received a Telstra Gateway Frontier®/Telstra Smart Modem™, you can plug it in and connect to the internet when you receive it.
If it’s any other kind of Telstra-supplied modem, make sure your home broadband connection is active before you plug it in.
How do I find out if my connection is active?
- Check to see if your broadband has been activated using our online order tracker
- If your service is on the nbn™ network use our online nbn order tracker
- View your order status on your Telstra 24x7 My Account dashboard.
If your connection is active, you can go ahead and plug in your new modem.
Does it matter which kind of connection technology I have?
Some broadband technologies have different requirements when connecting your modem.
Check out the quick guides below if you’re not sure how to connect the modem to your technology type.
- Fibre to the Premises (FTTP)
- Fibre to the Node/Fibre to the Building (FTTN/FTTB)
- Fibre to the Curb (FTTC)
- Hybrid Fibre Coaxial (HFC)
- Fixed Wireless (FW)