Before you install
- Anti-Virus Plus Security operates best when there is no other anti-virus software installed. If you have any existing anti-virus software on your device please uninstall it first.
- You can install Anti-Virus Plus Security on up to 6 devices across Windows, Mac, and selected Android™ devices. However, it is not compatible with iPhone or iPad.
To install Anti-Virus Plus Security on your PC
- Sign in to Telstra 24x7 My Account using your Telstra ID
- If you have more than one account, you will need to select the relevant account from the blue bar at the top of the screen
- Select your internet service
- Scroll down to Add-ons
- Next to ‘Telstra Broadband Protect’, select Manage
- Under the PC and Mac Protection box, you’ll see ‘Anti-Virus Plus Security’. Below that, select Manage.
- To download Anti-Virus Plus Security, select Install
- To complete your install, follow the on-screen instructions:
To install Anti-Virus Plus Security on Android
- Search for Anti-Virus Plus Security on Google Play
- Download and install the app
- Sign in using your Telstra ID username and password
How do I use Anti-Virus Plus Security?
Anti-Virus Plus Security scans files on your computer or Android device for viruses and other threats. You can set it to run scans automatically, or perform manual scans whenever you want.
To set or change automatic scans:
- Open your Anti-Virus Security console and select the Computer Protection icon
- Go to ‘setup a schedule plan’ and select the Setup schedule button’
To perform a manual scan:
- Select ‘Anti-Virus Plus Security’
- Select the scan now button and choose from either:
- Quick scan: Scans only the locations of your computer commonly infected by malware, or
- Full scan: Scans all locations of your computer or device, or
- Custom scan: Lets you choose the locations to be scanned
After the scan is complete, malicious files will either be deleted or quarantined to prevent them from running on your device.
Still need to get in touch
Prefer to talk to someone over the phone? We're here to answer your questions.