There are a number of things you can do that may help to speed up your nbn™ broadband - but first let’s explore what might be slowing it down.
If your speeds are slower than usual, try these steps
- Restart your modem, devices, and nbn connection box (if you have one)
- Pause any data intensive activities, such as downloading or streaming
- Disconnect other devices connected to the network
- If you are connecting via Wi-Fi:
- Disconnect and reconnect to the Wi-Fi network
- Move closer to the modem if you can
- Remove barriers between yourself and the modem if you can
- Try changing the Wi-Fi channel on your Telstra modem:
- Enter the following IP address, 10.0.0.138, into the address bar of your browser
- Click the Wi-Fi tab
- Under channel, select a different channel (default is automatic)
- Click Apply
- If you are connecting via Ethernet cable:
- Disconnect and reconnect the cable
- Try with a different cable if possible
If your speeds are still slow…Track down the issue and get step-by-step instructions on how to fix it with our Smart Troubleshooting Tool
Is there a limit to the speed I can get?
Your maximum line speed is determined by the technology nbn co makes available at your premises. This is the same regardless of which service provider you choose. Your actual speed may differ to the maximum line speeds due to a range of factors, particularly during busy periods.
Still need to get in touch