- It will depend on the technology that nbn co uses to connect you.
- If you’re connecting to Fibre to the Premises (FTTP) or Fixed Wireless (FW) technologies, you should be able to have your internet with one provider and your phone with another - without getting an extra nbn™ connection box installed.
- If you’re connecting to Fibre to the Node (FTTN), Fibre to the Building (FTTB) or Hybrid Fibre Coaxial (HFC) technologies, you won’t be able to have more than one provider sharing the one nbn network connection.
- Find out more about the different nbn technology types here.
But I was able to have different providers before the nbn network was rolled out…
- If you had an ADSL connection, you would have been able to have more than one provider sharing the line.
- The nbn network is a new technology and not all types of connections allow for the sharing of services between providers.