How powerline extenders work:
- Powerline Extenders come with 2 units, one that plugs into a power point near your modem and one that plugs into a power point near your internet enabled device.
- When you plug an Ethernet cable from your modem into the extender, it creates a network connection through the property’s electrical wiring to the second extender near your device.
- By plugging your device into the second extender with another Ethernet cable, you create a wired network connection between your modem and the connected device.
- A Powerline Extender is ideal for devices that need a wired internet connection rather than a Wi-Fi connection, such as a Blu-ray player,
set topbox or desktop computer.
How to get the best performance:
- Make sure both of your extenders are plugged into the same electrical circuit. This is
important,because the signal travels along your property’s electrical wiring.
- Avoid using a power board, extension cord or surge protector – instead, plug both extenders directly into wall sockets.
- Don’t plug the extenders into a power point close to appliances that
usesa lot of power like washers, dryers, or refrigerators.
To set up your Powerline Extender:
- Plug one extender into a power point close to your modem.
- Plug one end of the Ethernet cable into this extender, and the other end into a spare Ethernet (LAN) port in your modem as shown:
- Plug the second extender into a power point near the device you want to send the signal to.
- Connect the extender to the device with an Ethernet cable.
- On the second extender, press ‘Pair’ to connect it with the first extender.
- When the units are paired, all 3 status lights will turn green.
Still need to get in touch