There are two ways to connect to Wi-Fi:
- Use the Telstra-supplied modem’s Wi-Fi protected setup (WPS) feature
- Connect your device to Wi-Fi manually.
Use the modem’s Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) feature
WPS lets you pair compatible devices like PCs, laptops and mobiles to your Telstra-supplied modem, without a password:
- On your device, go to ‘Settings’ and then ‘Wi-Fi’
If your device is compatible with WPS, you can select it from the available options. See your device instructions for more information
- On your Telstra-supplied modem, press and hold the ‘Pair’ or ‘WPS’ button for up to 5 seconds. Depending on the type of modem you have this will either be on the front or back of the device.
- When the ‘Pair/WPS’ light flashes, your device is connected to the Wi-Fi.
Connect your device(s) manually
If your device isn’t compatible with WPS, or you want to connect to Wi-Fi manually:
- Turn on your device’s wireless (Wi-Fi) receiver
If you’re not sure how, check your device’s user manual. You can usually turn Wi-Fi on by going to ‘Settings’, and then ‘Wi-Fi’ or ‘Networks’
- You’ll see a list of available Wi-Fi Networks
- Select the wireless network shown on your device, and input the password when requested. You can often find this on your modem. Or on the Wi-Fi security card that came with your Telstra-supplied modem.
Need more help?
Identify your connection problem, and get practical tips to fix it with our Smart Troubleshooting tool.
Get professional help to set up your modem and devices, and maximise your coverage, from Our Platinum technicians (additional charges may apply).
Still need to get in touch
Prefer to talk to someone over the phone? We're here to answer your questions.