Can I get a ‘3 for free’ data top-up for my fixed broadband?
If you have an eligible Telstra home broadband service, you can use up to 3 free data top-ups per calendar year.
It works like this:
- You can redeem a data top-up if you’re a Telstra fixed home broadband customer on ADSL, Cable, Velocity and nbn™ broadband
- You can redeem up to 3 top-ups a year
- If your service has slowed because you’ve gone over your allowance, and you choose to activate one of your data top-ups, your internet will return to normal speed once your data top-up is activated
- The top-up amount will be the same as your plan allowance (excluding bonus data) and expires at the end of the billing cycle in which you requested your top-up. For example, if you have a plan with 500GB of data and an additional 500GB of bonus data (1000GB in total), you will receive a data top-up of 500GB.
- If you don’t use all your top-ups, they expire at the end of the calendar year
- If your service has slowed due to non-payment, then adding a 3 for free top-up will not return your service to its usual speed; it will only do so if it’s slowed because you’ve gone over your allowance
Good to know
If your plan includes an unlimited data allowance, data top-ups do not apply.
Still need to get in touch
Prefer to talk to someone over the phone? We're here to answer your questions.