Telstra Home Dashboard™ is a free app that makes it easy to manage your broadband, troubleshoot problems, and even run speed tests. It has replaced the Wi-Fi Maximiser App.
What can I do with Telstra Home Dashboard?
- Find out about outages in your area
- See all the devices connected to your home broadband - and rename them
- Check your monthly data allowance
- Manage your Broadband Protect settings
- Run speed tests and keep a speed history to track performance
- Access troubleshooting tips and tricks
- Restart your modem from the app
- Create a Wi-Fi coverage map of your home
To set it up:
- Download the app from your device’s content store:
- Log in using your Telstra ID
- If you are already connected to your home Wi-Fi network, the app will ask ‘Is this your home Wi-Fi network?’ Select ‘Yes’ to continue.
- On the next screen you’ll see ‘Great. Let’s save it as your home Wi-Fi network’. Select ‘OK’ and you’ll see a confirmation screen.
Good to know:
- You can change your saved ‘Home Wi-Fi network’ at any time in your Profile.
- If you are having trouble connecting to Wi-Fi, open the Home Dashboard App and go to the ‘Internet’ tab or ‘Support’ tab and select ‘Troubleshooting’ and follow the prompts.
To run Speed Tests:
The first time you go to the Wi-Fi tab, the app will ask to run a Speed Test. This will tell you:
- Your upload and download speeds, and
- Your Wi-Fi delay time, or ‘ping’.
After this is done, you can run several different tests:
- Wi-Fi Test – tells you the strength of your Wi-Fi
- Map My Wi-Fi – lets you draw a ‘floor plan’ of your location and test the Wi-Fi throughout the house to check for Wi-Fi drop outs. The app will then make suggestions to resolve any drop outs.
- Web Test – lets you test how long it takes to open and load a web page
- YouTube Test – plays a segment of a YouTube video to test the speed, the amount of buffering stalls, and the total amount of time buffering. The app will then recommend the best quality to stream in
- Full Test – runs all of the above tests in sequence.
To manage your Broadband Protect security:
Go to ‘Controls’ in the app to:
- View the ‘Network Protection’ status
- Change the security level
- Turn ‘Parental Control’ on or off, and
- View or modify the blocked/allowed sites.
To change or remove your ‘Home Wi-Fi Network’:
- Select the Profile Tab on the bottom right of the screen
- Select the Username of the Home Broadband Service
- Select ‘Remove’ or ‘Change Wi-Fi Network’
Good to know:
- To change your network, you must already be connected to the new home Wi-Fi network.
Still need to get in touch