When can I connect my Telstra modem?
If you received a Telstra Gateway Frontier®/Telstra Smart Modem™, you can plug it in and connect to the internet when you receive it.
If it’s any other kind of Telstra-supplied modem, make sure your home broadband connection is active before you plug it in.
How do I find out if my connection is active?
- Check to see if your internet has been activated, or view the status of your order and track your equipment delivery using our online order tracker
- If your connection is active, you can go ahead and plug in your new modem.
Does it matter which kind of connection technology I have?
Some broadband technologies have different requirements when connecting your modem.
Check out the quick guides below if you’re not sure how to connect the modem to your technology type.
- Fibre to the Premises (FTTP)
- Fibre to the Node/Fibre to the Building (FTTN/FTTB)
- Fibre to the Curb (FTTC)
- Hybrid Fibre Coaxial (HFC)
- Fixed Wireless (FW)