- We’ll stop charging you for the service from the date of disconnection.
- If you paid in advance, you may get a credit for any remaining days that you have paid for in advance.
- If you have no other Telstra services, you’ll get a Final Bill invoice at the normal time, but with a final amount.
- If you were under contract, you may be charged an Early Termination Charge (ETC), and will need to pay any remaining device or accessory repayment amounts.
How long does it take to disconnect?
It can take up to 48 hours after your request to disconnect. As it’s not instant, it’s worth thinking about when you want your broadband to stop, before you call.
Can I keep my BigPond address?
You can keep your BigPond email address when you request the disconnection.
Your BigPond email account is free for the first 12 months after your service is disconnected, from then on a $79 annual fee will apply if you do not cancel your email service or connect a new Telstra fixed internet service on the same account.
Do I have to return Telstra equipment?
You should check your contract, because you may be charged remaining device costs. If there are any equipment charges remaining, we’ll discuss them with you when you request your disconnection.
What if I’m moving to another broadband provider?
- If you want to switch to another broadband provider, contact us before you cancel so we can discuss the transfer process.
- In some cases you many need additional work done before your transfer is processed. We recommend you discuss this with your new provider.
Still need to get in touch