If you have a Pre-Paid service, you can view and print off tax invoice statements for the last 5 calendar months on Telstra 24x7 My Account.
- Sign in to Telstra 24x7 My Account using your Telstra ID
- If you have more than one account, you will need to select the relevant account from the blue bar at the top of the screen
- Select your Pre-Paid service
- Select Recharge history
5. Select the month you need and then tap on the ‘Download’ button: this will generate a pdf file showing your usage and any recharges for that month.
6. Save or print off the file.
Good to know
- Tax invoice statements become available on the 4th of each month.
- These tax invoices are only available after you've used your Pre-Paid credit, and not before - such as at the time of recharge.
Can I print off a tax invoice from a recharge?
Strictly speaking, no. We are not allowed to issue a tax invoice for a recharge displaying a GST amount, because Pre-Paid recharges are not subject to GST. This is controlled under the GST Act.
HOWEVER, we can offer a receipt for a Pre-Paid recharge if you purchased it through one of our retail outlets. You can use the receipt in place of a tax invoice, in accordance with ATO guidelines.
How to print off a receipt from a recharge
You can use a receipt from a recharge if you’re GST registered
The Australian Tax Office has ruled that you can submit receipts from recharges and it will treat them as invoices provided you are GST registered, AND you can show that the usage was subject to GST. The ATO ruling is available through the ATO website, or read it here.
How we apply GST to your pre-paid service
In accordance with Division 100 of the GST Act, we apply GST to each separate type of usage you make within the recharge amount and expiry time.
Each instance of usage is assessed to determine how much GST applied at that time. Some usage may be GST-free and so none is added to those. This is why we're able to offer tax invoices for you to use through Telstra 24x7 My Account.