Why was I charged a late payment fee?
- One or more of your bills are overdue; and
- The overdue amount is more than $70
You’ll find a reference to late fees on the front page of your Telstra bill, below the total amount due. Find out more about reading and understanding the charges on your bill.
If you think you’ve been incorrectly charged a late fee, or wish to dispute a late payment fee, you can submit an online credit request.
Debit debit - make late payment fees history
Avoid late payment fees
- We don't charge late payment fees when you're on direct debit.
- Automatic payments take the stress out of remembering to pay your bill, just set and forget.
- We’ll let you know 2 weeks before we take out your next payment.
- We’ll tell you the total amount owing, and you’ll be able to check all your charges online too.
Get rewarded with Telstra Plus
- Join Telstra Plus and earn 10 points per $1 on your eligible payments. Earn bonus points when you take up special member offers.
- Use your points towards discounts on must-have devices, accessories and more in the Rewards store.
Are there any exemptions?
Yes, if you hold a Pensioner or Department of Veteran Affairs card, you’re entitled to apply for an exemption. You’ll need to register your details with us before this exemption can be applied.
If you find you’ve been incorrectly charged with a late payment fee or if you’re exempted and would like to request a refund, you can do this via My Account or the My Telstra app.
If you’re on one of our subscription mobile plans, such as the Telstra Mobile Starter Plan, these are payable by direct debit. Your subscription payment date will be the same date each month and you’ll only pay for what you’ve subscribed for. You won’t be charged a late payment fee if your direct debit fails but you’ll have to make a once-off manual payment in the My Telstra app.
What if I’ve made an arrangement with you?
If you've made a payment arrangement before the due date on your bill, and you paid as promised, no late fee should be charged.
However, if you haven’t kept the arrangement, or you organised it after the bill’s due date, we may charge a late payment fee.