Your shopping cart is empty
Smart power plug
- Automatically control your lamps, radios and other devices
- Helps your Smart Home Hub talk to devices at the other end of your house
- Overvoltage protection to avoid damage to appliances
- Works with all standard Australian power points and most simple appliances
Not so fast! We thought we should warn you that this product will only work if you have an active Telstra Smart Home subscription and Starter Kit. Don’t have a Starter Kit? Check them out here
One-off charge on your Telstra bill
Smart Power Plug with self installation
Smart Power Plug
$38.40 one-off charge on your Telstra bill.
Smart Power Plug with professional installation
Smart Power Plug
Includes device installation fee
There was an issue validating your postcode.
Great news, a Smart Home technician is available in your area. Add additional devices in the next step and have them professionally installed with your order.
We're currently unable to provide Smart Home professional installations in your area. However, you can self-install your Smart Home devices with our over-the-phone specialist support. Or, get a local electrician to help you.
Sorry we have encountered a network error.
Forgot to switch off the kettle? Don’t panic
Kate’s Monday morning rush can be a little stressful. Between lunchbox packing and negotiating who’s on after-school pickup duty, Kate often rushes out the door without checking that the iron’s switched off. By connecting her iron to a Smart Power Plug, Kate can check it’s turned off via the Telstra Smart Home App – and she if hasn’t, she can switch it off instantly – even when she’s at work.
Bring your Smart Home to life
The key to having a Smart Home is creating automations. An automation is an instruction that tells a Smart Home device what to do and when to do it It's easy to set up automations in the Telstra Smart Home App or Web Portal. For example,
- Automatically switch off the iron, hair straightener, kettle or lamp when everyone goes to work or school
- Forgotten to switch something off? Check it via the app or web portal and switch it off, even when you’re away
- Automate your simple appliances to turn on or off when your family and friends walk in or leave a room with a Narrow Beam Motion Sensor, Wide Beam Motion Sensor, or Door or Window Sensor
Download the app
Professional installation of a device
- The professional installation of additional smart home devices incurs a call out fee of $96, plus additional charges for each device.
- The professional installation includes the pairing of devices, basic placement of devices around your home (not mounting a device on the wall or ceiling), demonstration on how to use Smart Home and the Smart Home App and setting up automations.
- Customised installations including cabling runs, cable concealment and wall or ceiling mounting of cameras. The additional charges for a customised installation will be quoted by the technician when on-site.
Easy installation. Add it to your Telstra Smart Home via the app, plug in and they’re ready to go.
We recommend installation within 20m of the Smart Home Hub.
To organise a Smart Home technical expert to come to your place to get you up and running, please call us on 13 22 00 and select Option 1.
- Dimensions: 70 x 70 x 89 mm
- Device Weight: 95g
- Communications: via ZigBee
Works with all Australian power outlets and simple appliances, like kettles, irons, hair straighteners – even power boards to control power to multiple appliances.
The Telstra Smart Home App works on Android and iOS smart phones and tablets.
See a full list of technical requirements and device compatibility.
Things you need to know
Telstra Smart Home: Requires a home broadband connection and home Wi-Fi network and must be activated via the free iOS or Android Telstra Smart Home App (data charges may apply).
Professional installation: If you need help, please call us on 1800 917 134 and select Option 1 to learn about our professional installation options. Not available in all areas. Professional installation provided by Telstra or it’s service providers includes installation of the devices only and does not include any in-home working or other modifications.
Data usage: Fixed broadband and mobile data usage incurred whilst using and accessing your Telstra Smart Home service (including access via the app or web portal) isn’t included in your Telstra Smart Home Plan and is chargeable in accordance with your broadband and/or mobile plan via your service provider.
Telstra Smart Home and power/internet outages: Your Telstra Smart Home Hub requires a constant power and internet connection. In the event of a power/internet outage you’ll lose your ability to monitor your home and some functionality until power/internet is restored. If you have a Smart Door Lock, you can still access your home by entering the PIN code you’ve set up for your lock.
Pricing, payments and contract information: Please review the Critical Information Summary for a detailed explanation of pricing, payments and contract information. All Telstra Smart Home additional device purchases will be displayed in the Telstra Smart Home section of your bill.
What happens if you cancel? If you cancel your Telstra Smart Home service, your devices will no longer work as intended, and your stored video and image files will be deleted from the Telstra Cloud. To retain your videos and images, download and store them on your smartphone, tablet or computer before cancelling your service. The Smart Door Lock, Zen Thermostat, Sengled Light Bulbs will retain limited functionality, but won’t work with other third party smart home platforms. Early termination charges apply if you cancel before the end of your 24 month minimum term. Any remaining Repayment Option payments will become payable when you cancel your service.
Questions about Smart Home? We can help.
Have a question about Smart Home? Need some help? Chat with our Live Chat team, they’re available 24x7.
Want to speak to us over the phone? Call our Smart Home support team on 13 22 00 and say "smart home support" available 24x7.
Telstra’s online community is the place to learn how to get the most out of your Smart Home. Join the conversation.